Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-21-2004, 05:15 PM   #1
02 Blck GLS

Okay I know this has been covered 1000 times over but.......I'm going to but some Silverstar headlights for the whip and was wondering what bulb would be the closest to buy for the driving lights? If I can get them both at the same time that would be great. If not, I know I'll be rockin the SS's with yellow driving lights. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
I have eurolite fogs, they're not an exact match but they're pretty close...

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:26 PM   #3
02 Blck GLS

Thanks Nick....you don't by chance have a decent link where to get them do you?
Old 02-21-2004, 07:28 PM   #4
Purple&Black

I just did this two days ago. At the suggestion of Redog and johny boy 32 (I think it was them) I got the Silverstar 880's. The only difference is that the 894 has a angle plug and the 880 is a straight plug. But there's plenty of room down there, so that's not an issue. The 894 plug has the clips on the side and the 880 has one on the middle, on only one side (like the 9006), so the plug isn't "clipped" into the light as secure as the 894 would be. Of course, I had some rubber-coated wire ties laying around, so I just wrapped that around there a couple of times. It's not going anywhere unless I want it to.

A while ago, I had replaced the 37.5 watt stock 894's with 55 watt 894's. When I put in the Silverstars this week, I changed the low-beam and the foglight on one side and then turned 'em on to compare. The headlight is totally brighter and whiter, but the 29.5 watt foglight doesn't look much different than my 55 watt regular ol' foglight bulb. At least not different enough to justify the price. That's alright though, I'd rather use that extra current for other toys...

Earlier today, I was driving behind a Volvo with HID lights. Oooohhhh, I want that...but I'm not looking to do another $400 mod right now...
Old 02-21-2004, 08:45 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
At the suggestion of Redog and johny boy 32

Yeah it was us

Works good dood, worth the buy.

I don't think you can get the fogs at Walmart but the 9005 and 9006's you can get at Walmart for about 8 bucks cheaper than PFYC and no shipping charge.

Of course being a Teamster, I can't endorse Walmart h34r:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 01:17 PM   #6
02 Blck GLS

Well, I got a set and like them so far but they seem to light up everything including the trees lol. I don't know why either, they are perfectly level. Gonna have to see if I can maybe turn the bulb around or something I don't know
Old 02-23-2004, 02:56 PM   #7
PaulVS

Circuit City has 893 Eurolite (Toucan) fogs on sale for $7.38 a pair. I just put them in yesterday.

But... I have 9006 Silverstars, and nothing compares. So now I have to get 9005 for the driving lights as well to match 'em up. I'll keep the 893 Eurolites just because they are 'decent'.