Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-07-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
02 Blck GLS

I know this has been discussed 40,000 times but I have my own questions I would like answered for the members who HAVE or have HAD Intrax Springs. I have decided not to go crazy with this car. I went nuts with my altima and it didn't pay off in the end (obviously). So I am looking to drop it with Intrax springs. I'm keeping the stock 16's (for now that's the plan). The car has 44k on it now. I want to know HONESTLY if I should replace the struts (price of install is not an issue, uncle works for STS) or not bother. I also want to know where you got them, how much they were, how the ride is (I know the ride will be different from stock) etc. I checked summit with the part number from a different thread and it doesn't exist. Please no sarcasm. I am loooking for serious, honest answers. Thanks :thumbsup:
Old 03-07-2004, 11:02 AM   #2
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Just installed my Intrax, I like the ride, but I feel safer with a solid ride, but it won't rattle your teeth, I got my springs from summit, price 209.44, here is the part number from my summit receipt==INT-25-1-040==you will probably need to call them, I had to.

I opted to replace struts at the same time because it was easier, got my struts fromKYB's, price 250.00 for all 4, good luck with your decision, I love the look and the ride!
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
Domey

Intrax Springs will also lower a lil bit more then Eibach or SpringTech once they settle. I would definatly get struts.

I have S/T Springs and Struts, and I love em.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:55 AM   #4
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Skiboarder311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Skiboarder311
I have intrax on stock struts and never had a problem.

If you have the money to blow it can't hurt. But if u are a lil tight on cash, i'd say save teh 250 u would spend on the struts and buy sumthin else.

I bought mine form summit and paid $197 shipped.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #5
wc_alero

I also have Intrax springs with KYB struts. I bought them both from Summit Racing and would have to look up my total because they split my order up. I think the ride quality is pretty good.