Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-10-2005, 01:54 AM   #1
1WhiteOSV

Alright...in light of my recent header install and what my HP numbers are showing...I honestly (and I thought this before as well) think there is something wrong. I don't have any SES lights on or anything but I THINK my fuel pump or something within my fuel delivery is outta whack b/c sometimes when I start my car and give it some heavy throttle it'll bog a little and sputter then go...then after driving a bit it'll be fine. Is there any way to just scan the whole car to see if everything's working properly? I mean like take it to a dealer and do a check? Is there any way to test a fuel pump w/o taking it off the car? Please let me know because if I have a problem..it needs to be fixed! Thank you.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #2
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
mine was acting real funny before i relocated the battery to the trunk...but i think by having it disconnected for a while, the computer reset itself, and works better then i ever remembered it...maybe that could be a place to start?

other then that, i dunno if itd be worth payin the labour rate to get it checked(unless your dealer treats ya good..not like me...charged me $80 to plug in the scanner issed: )
Old 05-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #3
1WhiteOSV

Yea...I've heard from a lotta people that I should disconnect the battery to hopefully reset the PCM....I will have to try that today.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
might as well...takes 15 mins i think, and doesn't cost a penny....
Old 05-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #5
snake_eyes2

I know that this works with older cars but I haven't tried with mine yet. I on the other hand paid the 80$ and had the dealership scann and tell me that nothing is wrong.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #6
1WhiteOSV

what did they scan?...like what all was scanned when they checked yours out? I'd pay $80 even if they told me nothing was wrong because it'd ease my mind....I am mostly concerned about my fuel delivery...like fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, injectors....is there any way to check those?
Old 05-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #7
snake_eyes2

They had my car all day, apperently ran through ever code, ever service paper to discover if anything was wrong. All I got told was that the engine idle will fluctuate if you have a large draw on your electrical (ie amp/stero which is installed but not running) and A/C. NO poop, I brough my car in for you to tell me what was wrong with it not give me some bull info like im retarded. That being said my idle still jumps on start up and my transmission shifts right sloppy from 2-3 but "the problems that you have are caused by a stero" I need my computer reflashed.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #8
bigd6983

throw a gauge onto your fuel rail and see if you are getting the right fuel pressure.......if not now might be a good time to either replace with an adjustable fpr or just with a stock one, if that doesnt help next would be your fuel pump......

if you are getting the right fuel pressure maybe your injectors need a real good cleaning.......

id say try the computer reset first and see what that does......
Old 05-12-2005, 02:14 AM   #9
1WhiteOSV

I reset my computer.......i think......i basically unplugged battery let it sit for a while (15mins or more...) and pressed in the brake? (i was told this resets it)...then re-connected battery...nothing has changed other than I lost my time on my clock and my trip went to 0 miles lol. Where is the fuel rail on the 3400?...is the rail what the FPR is on?...how do i just "throw a gauge" on? Get a t-tap?
Old 05-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #10
gxryan

Did you try just replacing the fuel filter?

My 3.1 kinda acted like that sometimes cause my fuel filter was clogged up.
And out of all the things listed there for you changing the fuel filter is the cheapest and even if u replace it and it does nothing, it probly will need to be replaced anyways depending on the miles on ur car.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
does it feel like you didnt really do any performance upgrades to the car ?? I feel that way sometimes too. I am getting a DHP soon, and I am hoping that the adjusted fuel trims etc, will set everything straight. I will let you know. By the way, i cant remember. What kind of cat did you have installed ?
Old 05-15-2005, 02:50 AM   #12
1WhiteOSV

fuel filter was changed less than a month ago......and I have a Magnaflow (Carsound) HF cat. Oh no, my car definitly IS and FEELS faster but just OVERALL I think it should have a little more. I am getting a DHP soon and my MINI-AFC is getting installed here shortly as well which will be able to fine tune the a/f mixture (added 21whp to my friend's grand prix gt)