Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face I effed up...

and don't know where to fix it! I thought I made the mistake here but I cannot find the post! dammit.... I said somewhere that there was no relearn procedure for the 3400's crank. I was told this by a couple of GM mechanics here at the dealership and also by a few guys over the years over the forums I have been a part of. Well, as you can probably tell already, this is not right. There is a relearn procedure for the crank, and a Tech II is required to do it! IF you replace your balancer, or either of the crank sensors, a relearn should be done by your local dealer... thats it, I just wanted to set the record straight guys. If anyone here knows where I posted that info in the last couple of weeks, let me know so I can fix it there as well please!

Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
C.A.S.E. Learn
Can do it on HPTuners too.. I've done it before after changing my CPS.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
To give a little more info here, I had been told that a relearn procedure was not necessary because the 24x and 7x "talk to each other" and a relearn is not required. As I said there though, this is mis-information and wanted anyone reading this to know that there certainly is a procedure for it!
Old 03-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
MMGT1
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
C.A.S.E. Learn
Can do it on HPTuners too.. I've done it before after changing my CPS.

Yours is a 4 banger man and I know that it does, it was the 3400 that I was told that there was no procedure for
Old 03-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I had the balancer replaced by a couple relatives... Would I need to do the relearn thing? Car has been running just fine...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
There's always a procedure though on GM vehicles.

Unless there's the code being tripped associated with the cam/crank variation (P1336), I don't even worry about it.

It made zero difference last time I did it. New crank sensor and everything and it still ran just fine before I did it and the same afterward. lol. Also changing the balancer doesn't change anything about the relationship between the crank and cam sensors...
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
MMGT1
GLS member

A p0300 can be set and not show a p1336 from the sensor being outside the learned preset stored in the pcm. It can also be affected if there is any module in the car that is not communicating with another module in the car man. Ive been doing some research today and found out quite a bit actually...lol
Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
Thewolf
GX Member

Thewolf is on a distinguished road
I knew this would of happened after the meet...
Thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
You didn't post it here Paul. You did it on GAGT a week or 2 ago. Check your posts over there. If I am not mistaken
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
Also post some links on that info if you will please. Thanks. I have been looking at a tech1 anyway that is good to 2005 cars. And it's a pretty good deal. From a local buddy that is still a GM tech. I may buy it since I have a powrtuner. And have the best of both worlds anyone with a powertuner or HP tuner can do it for free. But if not it has to go to the stealership.

Last edited by unchained01 : 03-15-2012 at 09:38 PM.
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolf View Post
I knew this would of happened after the meet...

lol i guess i missed that conversation... lol

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #12
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Yours is a 4 banger man and I know that it does, it was the 3400 that I was told that there was no procedure for

I have a 3400 and you can do it with DHP too.

Garrett GT35 / Turbo Headers / 2.5" high flow DP / 60lb Injectors / Custom SLP Exhaust / Ported 3500 Heads / Ported 3500 UIM/LIM / 65mm TB / Turbonetics Evolution WG / Greddy Type-RS BOV / Casper Adjustable FPR / Casper High Speed Fan Switch / Speedbuilt F/R STB's / Next Level F/R Sway bars / Eibach Springs / Dual Gauge Pod with Aeroforce Gauges / Big Four Upgrade / HP Tuners and more!

"Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
MMGT1
GLS member

HP is pretty vague in the steps involved in running the CASE. But, press brake before you do anything and coolant has to be above 158* for it to run. Start it, keep foot on brake throughout the entire thing, get engine to full temp, then begin test.