Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #21
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
it looks like relatively easy routing to me, same side in/out intercooler, one pipe down between the trans mount area and around, the other where the stock airbox tube was.

also, we're being invaded!

The bend I need to put on the pipe coming from the blower to the cooler is pretty harsh. Has to make a 90 toward the fender, then down past the trans to the cooler. There is not much space between the outlet f the blower and the intake. Its gong to be real tight getting the outlet and intake side by side there. Routing back up from the cooler is OK going through the opening that I'm using now for the CAI. Not that bad I guess but I really dont like how the piping is going to look. Wish I could make it cleaner but I have a couple of idea's I may try. Nothing is in stone yet... lol
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #22
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
The bend I need to put on the pipe coming from the blower to the cooler is pretty harsh. Has to make a 90 toward the fender, then down past the trans to the cooler. There is not much space between the outlet f the blower and the intake. Its gong to be real tight getting the outlet and intake side by side there. Routing back up from the cooler is OK going through the opening that I'm using now for the CAI. Not that bad I guess but I really dont like how the piping is going to look. Wish I could make it cleaner but I have a couple of idea's I may try. Nothing is in stone yet... lol

Try relocating the washer bottle?? Worked for me, also on Blackjack's build if you can find pics of it. If you don't have a prop rod for the hood, there is room on the opposite side of the engine bay.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #23
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I might mount a small remote botle on the firewall for the washer fluid, you are right on the money there. When I was last in Ohio I was checkin' out how Milzy has his set up. He no longer has a coolant bottle like us, he's got a small remote one mounted on the firewall. Thought I could use his set-up for washer fluid. Need that stuff up here and really can't just remove it.. lol
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #24
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
Suggestion: Look into an Air/Water intercooler setup, they are very effective and could keep the piping to a minimum. Due to the compressability of air it is best to have the boosted plumbing as short as possible. Parts ideas here - http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php...811 d30e72cef