Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Alero Show & Stravaganza Info > Alero Show & Straveganza

View Poll Results: Would it be easier to get to A.S.S if
With pre register we include the hotel costs & activity cost 11 52.38%
payment plans over a certain amount of time 3 14.29%
Nothing should be changed 7 33.33%
Other 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Old's Wife
FIRST LADY OF THE ALERO CHAPTER

Old's Wife is on a distinguished road
A.S.S Pre registration Poll

Recent years have proven a lot of things, so I would like to see if I can make it easier for as many to make it to A.S.S. possible. As I have stated my goal is to 30-40 Aleros to 2011, so how do I make this happen. Would it be easier to go if.....

Post other ideas in this thread, tell me what is going make this happen.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, we need a HUGE turnout next year, and minimize the massive crowd that says "I want to go..." then when the time gets closer they disappear.

It would be easier for them to get to ASS if people actually had willpower to accomplish what they plan to! We all know next year's ASS and Homecoming is going to be the weekend of Father's Day. You have a YEAR in advance notice. Do not make excuses that you can't get off work... or are low on cash... it doesn't cost that much to get out here and you have plenty of time to save.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yeah, we need a HUGE turnout next year, and minimize the massive crowd that says "I want to go..." then when the time gets closer they disappear.

It would be easier for them to get to ASS if people actually had willpower to accomplish what they plan to! We all know next year's ASS and Homecoming is going to be the weekend of Father's Day. You have a YEAR in advance notice. Do not make excuses that you can't get off work... or are low on cash... it doesn't cost that much to get out here and you have plenty of time to save.

agreed
Old 06-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
I know for some people it isn't something they can control that keeps them from showing up after they say they are going.

Like for me I could say I'm going now but in all reality I won't know for sure until I'm able to request the time off if I get my job I'm trying for and I know some people aren't quite as good with saving money as others so that can mess things up also. I don't think the planning is flawed I think it is just hard for some people to forecast their time out.

Just my .02
Old 06-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
I wont be going. no possibility. i'd like to... i doubt mo can change that.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #6
Old's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtrydr View Post
I know for some people it isn't something they can control that keeps them from showing up after they say they are going.

Like for me I could say I'm going now but in all reality I won't know for sure until I'm able to request the time off if I get my job I'm trying for and I know some people aren't quite as good with saving money as others so that can mess things up also. I don't think the planning is flawed I think it is just hard for some people to forecast their time out.

Just my .02

Agreed. I am just trying to give more options. A lot of time, it is the cost once the event set for pre reg but it most things are covered well in advance it is just then gas money and time off. It makes it a little easier later. It is just a thought.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
Old's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
I wont be going. no possibility. i'd like to... i doubt mo can change that.

Maybe we have to get a "Get soon to be Dr. Herrington to ASS" going....

You never know what I am capable of doing... refer to rule #1

Old's Wife
Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
Old's Wife

When you guys say other, I need to know what the "other" is. Please post your ideas.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Wife View Post
Maybe we have to get a "Get soon to be Dr. Herrington to ASS" going....

You never know what I am capable of doing... refer to rule #1

Old's Wife

you get my school closed for the weekend... and i'll show up. But consdering how much money that would take... your probably better off rebuilding the oldsmobile plant.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Old's Wife

Ok that might be a litte stretch dont u think
Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
I'd like to go more...I've been twice (2005, 2006) But 07 and 08 were drill weekends, 09 and this year I have to help my wife with our daughter, who isn't very friendly with strangers, and we would be ripping our hair out from a long trip with her. besides, my car isn't in that great of shape to begin with. it has about 92k miles and looks like it. The 2 times I have been there were incredible, and I thought everything went smoothly (aside from impromptu Monster Garage sessions) and if anything has been improved administratively since 2006, then more power to ya!
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #12
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
I don't think we should include the cost of the hotel or activities because we have no control over if prices change or whatever. I think that the only way to change things and make it more enjoyable is to open registration earlier and also to change to non-refundable deposits without VALID excuse. This way if people know that when they pay they can't get there money back, without a VALID (VaLID implies that it is up to the owners of aleromod ONLY) this would cut back on the I am coming but not registering yet thing.
Just my thoughts.
-Smurf-
Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Wife View Post
Ok that might be a litte stretch dont u think

thats what i mean. Its just totally unrealistic for me at this time. And in all honesty, by time i'm done, the alero will be a wreck. I'll baby it for a few more years (if possible) then trade for something a little nicer.

Theres also the fact that since this thing started, life happened for many members. "big kid" school for me. family for albino, etc. many military guys whose deployment can't be controlled (bj), etc

the rest... i can't speak for. they are just slackers.

(at this time, i wish i could go... i'd be giving the kids free medical checkups. ear/nose/throat stuff Practice for me, and kids always have fun as volunteers)
Old 06-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
Old's Wife

This is not being polled to "call" people out. If you can't make it, you can't make, I am just trying to give people more options, if they can and would like to go.

We understand that there are many people who have obligations that limit them, no big deal. We make this a family trip and it works for us. I would also like to make this event more family friendly as well. But with 2-3 kids renting entertainment for so few kids is vry expensive but if there is more. I will make sure the kids have something to do as well.

This is just a poll for opinions and options, nothing more nothing less.

Old's Wife
Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
Old's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
I don't think we should include the cost of the hotel or activities because we have no control over if prices change or whatever. I think that the only way to change things and make it more enjoyable is to open registration earlier and also to change to non-refundable deposits without VALID excuse. This way if people know that when they pay they can't get there money back, without a VALID (VaLID implies that it is up to the owners of aleromod ONLY) this would cut back on the I am coming but not registering yet thing.
Just my thoughts.
-Smurf-

We can absolutely secure prices of the hotel and activities. Refer to Rule # 1

I would agree with a refundable policy with this pre registration extention. However once money is spent on the show, no refunds, because then it will be coming out of our pocket directly. Currently our policy is non refundable because of the above reasoning.

Old's Wife
Old 06-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #16
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
ASS has always and will remain non-refundable. However I am not a unreasonable person unlike what other people say............LOL
Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
The above two post is what I was meaning. Without a VALID reason meaning no excuses that exceeds 9 different stories over a two day period. Or something like I can't make it cause my dog peed on my gas pedal and it ruined my spark plugs.
It would be up to the owners of a-mod and mostly the "finance nazi" to determine if the excuse is valid or not.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i will say the cost is not that bad, and now with my new job i started i know i can afford it no problem , but you dont always have to spend money to have fun

i guess its all about how good you are with your money
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
The first choice it the best I think because you can pay everything ahead of time. Because if you pay ahead of time everything will be paid for and if u have a problem with ur car you can still go because everything is paid off for the meet.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #20
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OMG I can't believe some of the excuses that are ALREADY comming up. At least Nate takes the time to think of an excuse before using it even though it's weak

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Closed Thread