Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

Old 06-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
lansing area meet

so after missing A.S.S 2010 i want to get some of the Michigan guys together for a small meet. obviously it should be a pretty central location to everyone. i figured we could meet up somewhere, have lunch and bullshit and then possibly something else? hell it could even be at my house and we could have a cookout and go ride some go-karts haha. post up some ideas and possible dates so we can get something going!
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
I will NOT be there. I have been to lansing once this year and will not go back till ASS '
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
haha thats why i said MICHIGAN guys
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
you should have came to ASS. That was the Lansing meet
Old 06-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
you should have came to ASS. That was the Lansing meet

had to work thats why i wasn't there and thats why i'm trying to do this. yes i planned on it but I've only been at this job for a month or two and didn't find it fitting to already ask for time off.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
had to work thats why i wasn't there and thats why i'm trying to do this. yes i planned on it but I've only been at this job for a month or two and didn't find it fitting to already ask for time off.

i understand but could have stopped by in off time. but maybe next year
Old 06-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
alero_bmxer
GL Member

Saturday i got out at 7:30 and Sunday i got out at 3 so i would have if i could have. mark my words i WILL be there next year come hell or high water.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

i will hold you too it or we will take a drive and kidnap your ass..........LOL
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
So you HAD to work and could not possiblly get the days off to go to ASS?

I guess 360 days notice really wasn't enough notice. Damn Scot I guess I really didn't do that good of a job this year.

So you want to hang out, BS, and maybe do some go-karting, even a cookout. BASICLY EVERYTHING THAT WAS DONE AT ASS THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!

I can understand though, it was a far drive for ya, right. A whole 29 miles and 30 minute drive. Boy that's sooooo far. I guess Smurf, Malibu, and myself had no excuse to NOT come right. Smurf and I only drove over 700 miles each and Malibu drove over 1200 miles and 18 hour drive. I also guess those Cali boys that came last year were REALLY crazy. I mean why drive 2600 miles when you can even drive less than 30.

I've been going to ASS for 7 years now. I would have a mega hard-on for this event to only be 30 miles from me. It's not, so I get up at 330 in the morning and drive for 12 to 15 hours (pending on route) to get there.

I will be going next year. Don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, but I do know what I'm doing on Thursday June 16, 2011. It will be another 12 hour drive to the best weekend of 2011.

See ya there

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
Old's Wife
FIRST LADY OF THE ALERO CHAPTER

Old's Wife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
So you HAD to work and could not possiblly get the days off to go to ASS?

I guess 360 days notice really wasn't enough notice. Damn Scot I guess I really didn't do that good of a job this year.

So you want to hang out, BS, and maybe do some go-karting, even a cookout. BASICLY EVERYTHING THAT WAS DONE AT ASS THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!

I can understand though, it was a far drive for ya, right. A whole 29 miles and 30 minute drive. Boy that's sooooo far. I guess Smurf, Malibu, and myself had no excuse to NOT come right. Smurf and I only drove over 700 miles each and Malibu drove over 1200 miles and 18 hour drive. I also guess those Cali boys that came last year were REALLY crazy. I mean why drive 2600 miles when you can even drive less than 30.

I've been going to ASS for 7 years now. I would have a mega hard-on for this event to only be 30 miles from me. It's not, so I get up at 330 in the morning and drive for 12 to 15 hours (pending on route) to get there.

I will be going next year. Don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, but I do know what I'm doing on Thursday June 16, 2011. It will be another 12 hour drive to the best weekend of 2011.

See ya there

Calm down Kenny! Refer to Rule #1.

He said he just started a new job, he will learn! He said that he will be there and we will see.

Can't wait to see ya next year.

Kenny is just giving you a hard time.
Old's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #11
alero_bmxer
GL Member

understandable. i will be there though

Old 06-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #12
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
Saturday i got out at 7:30 and Sunday i got out at 3 so i would have if i could have. mark my words i WILL be there next year come hell or high water.
We were there from Thursday night to Sunday morning. You could have come by Thursday or Friday at any time to just say Hi. If you worked until 7:30 on Saturday you could have driven over after work and gone Go Karting/Putt Putt Golf and then came back and hung out with the group. We were up late every night. Some of the guys who stayed up late, drove the longest distance.

Tired of excuses from Michigan guys. I am sure C2 would agree with me.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 AM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Plus I doubt a "Central" location will not be closer than 30 miles from you, unless you host it yourself

Bigg Daddy D showed up, his Alero didn't, but he did

--Wait a second, Kenny, he lives in Lansing, so what he didn't bring an Alero

O yeah, good point. Smurf drove up, over 700 miles, with no Alero

-- (crickets)

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 06-23-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:49 AM   #14
alero_bmxer
GL Member

mkay i guess ill keep my mouth shut and not even try the meet thing anymore. see you all next year!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:50 AM   #15
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
srry bud but u missed it. just make sure ur there next year! cuz when i roll up nobodys gunna be able to say its too far lol.
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #16
alero_bmxer
GL Member

no all i was trying to do was get a few of the Michigan guys to meet up somewhere for a few hours but since i didn't make it to A.S.S they don't want anything to do with it....

Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #17
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
yea i get it but evry1 just left "the real lansing meet" a few days ago try it again in a few weeks
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just because you got a new job doesn't mean you can't request days off. I did for ASS '08. I mean if you want a few weeks off that's another story, but there's no realistic reason that a company would hate you for taking 2 days.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #19
alero_bmxer
GL Member

technically i'm still on my 90 day "trial" period. in my opinion that just looks bad to already be requesting days off. i will be there next year trust me. 99% of the time when i say i'm gonna be somewhere or do something i do it but i just couldn't pull it off this time guys and i'm sorry. plus ion i really couldn't afford even taking one day off of work. im trying to save up and move out but its pretty hard on 8.50 and hour. i plan on putting at least 5 dollars a day in my safe so i have plenty for next year.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #20
Old's Wife
FIRST LADY OF THE ALERO CHAPTER

Old's Wife is on a distinguished road
Wow this is a way to make friend and influence people. He gets it, back off a little my goodness. There is nothing wrong with having a meet, he didn't get it this year. He didn't pre register and then didn't come he just didn't come.

Holy Crap- Nate didn't get this much shit for stiffing me $55.00... WTF...

Back off.

However, MI guys- beware we are on the hunt for you this year. I expect to see atleast 5 of you guys at ASS11. Figure it out!

Old's Wife.
Old's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote