Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbain View Post
I noticed you said that you wanted a tan interior and go with burlwood accents but have you thought about brids eye maple accents? Wouldn't contrast as much as the tan/burlwood combo but its not something that you see every day and would look sweet IMO.

Docking station for iPod or something like that incorperated into the interior.

im lookng at the birlwood sice VC finishes can dip them, but im definitly up to looking threw other aspects.....

what do you guys thinkof the chrom window pillers?????? I think they would go god with theall black and chrome rims.........
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #22
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
God no. Chrome B pillars screams cheap, everyone knows they are stickers.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #23
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
^^agreed

subtle chrome accents look nice but big chunks of it are cheap looking.

i'd say just get some new shiny alero decals (the stock ones) and replace them when you get your car repainted. The chrome will really jump out and look nice. Then some nice chrome/ polished aluminum rims would be great.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #24
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
id say go with something other than your regular wood... australian cyprus FTW. i'd also suggest an integrated flip down for the rears... head rest monitors are kinda small. you may want to invest in or completely redo your seats... the seats in the alero aren't luxury and recovering them doesn't help much. something more plus would be the way to go. i wouldn't do the DEA kit... i'd do the razzi... cheaper and more subliminal. although they need to be dropped in which case you will sacrifice ride quality. black on black 20's polished lip. not too many spokes but no dinner plates. get your interior door handles dipped and redo the displays and center console illumination. might want some ported fenders too... lol

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #25
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
man thats alot of ideas...

I ordering som katzkins seats coversto redo an searching for a massage /heated kit for them, so i think that will turn out nice...and I want to go with head rest mounted as I dont like the bulkey flip downs......

The dea kit will set it off more from being an alero, then the razzi, but yes the kits alot cheaper...i just dont want it to stand outas an alero, i want it to have to be double checked..... a drop is no probem im on bags now but i want coilovers, but the rims are definitly going to be crom and i was thinking of a dinner plate style with a decent lip.....

The interior guages i love the digitalidea, just dont know were to begin.......
Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #26
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
ummm.... ultimate luxury alero=OSV bodykit group buy... you could retrofit a heads up display too...

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #27
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
ummm.... ultimate luxury alero=OSV bodykit group buy... you could retrofit a heads up display too...

Im in on the osv kit, trust me reguardless of what kit i end up with im still getting the osv...lol

Im looking at digital gauges, but i would have any idea how to hook it up to work in our cars.....lol
Old 04-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #28
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i'm thinking for digital anything in our cars is gonna be a massive rewireing. its certainly possible, but you'd need someone pretty close to an expert in whatever car your lifting the gauges out of, to write you out a schematic for how its gonna work...

then probably rework the computer in the alero to accept something like that....
Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #29
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i'm thinking for digital anything in our cars is gonna be a massive rewireing. its certainly possible, but you'd need someone pretty close to an expert in whatever car your lifting the gauges out of, to write you out a schematic for how its gonna work...

then probably rework the computer in the alero to accept something like that....

yea I was thinking of all the issue, past fabricating the acualy piece to hold the guages. I couldnt imagine the shit storm it would be to re-wire, thow there are kits out there for digital gauges and such, im just not sure if it would make the facotry computer go hay wire or if it would even be an issue other than the re-wires.......

Id like to think that it would not be as hard as hooking up say a gaugue pod.....but im sure im way off on that call.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #30
paulyb
GLS member

Here are a few ideas I have came accross..

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd211.htm

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd488.htm
Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #31
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
I dunno if anyone said this yet.. but heated seats!!
They're so nice.

Add a nice sunroof, too.
Lights under the handles.

Turn signals in the mirror.

Perhaps valet lights under the mirrors that come on with the door handle lights.

Also, change any yellow bulbs on the outside to white LEDs (like the license plate lights in the pic above). It looks class.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #32
bigdaddyD
GL Member

bigdaddyD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bigdaddyD
Shave the the trunk and remove all emblems from the car, except the one on the front, and have a ghost emblem painted on the trunk. Also something else would be memmory seats, heated/cooled seats (could get them from a lincoln LS from a junkyard or something), also the panoramic sunroof, and new chrome pedals.
bigdaddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #33
paulyb
GLS member

Defintly like the idea of the mirror turn signals, the puddel lamps, and what a small detail as the yellow lights yet such a good idea................

Im tossing arround the idea of shaving just the trunk lights, and keeping the plate right were it is, and possible modding the thirds brake light. Im looking for a kit right now for the heated and cooleds seats, I wonder if there is a direct kit for memory seats....

All I know is as of today Im starting to order the parts............
Old 04-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #34
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Here's my idea of a "luxury/sports" Alero:

Definetly leather upholstered interior. Get different seats, as the Alero seats are definetly not "luxury", OR "sport" for that matter. I like the woodgrain idea as well. Colour and type of wood would be your own personal choice. A body kit would also be a definite requirement, again with the type being of your choice. If you go the OSV body kit way, then get some custom OSV emblems from the dude selling them on here.

For entertainment, I'd get an indash DVD player / navigation kit, that you could hook up an external camera to, and have a camera behind your car, so you could use the screen as a backing up aid.

I'd get the biggest wheels (hieght wise I mean, as in 20's????) and again wheel choise is a personal choice again.

Also, the seats should also be powered, with about as many ways to adjust as possible, and hey, if it turns you on, get them heated and vibrated too. One plus about new seats, is that you could add LCD screens into the head rest as well, and maybe even have a seperate DVD player for back seat passengers, maybe allowing them to choose between the indash one and the backseat one. That way you could be using the navigation while they watch a movie.

Modify the centre console in many different ways. Either a cooler for drinks (non-alcoholic of course!! ) or as the hub for an entertainment centre.

Make the centre of the rear seats fold down as an arm rest / beverage holder for the rear seat passengers.

That's all I can think of for now. Just whatever ya do, make sure you post lots of pictures, and "how-to's"

Best of luck to ya!!

Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #35
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
yea I was thinking of all the issue, past fabricating the acualy piece to hold the guages. I couldnt imagine the shit storm it would be to re-wire, thow there are kits out there for digital gauges and such, im just not sure if it would make the facotry computer go hay wire or if it would even be an issue other than the re-wires.......

Id like to think that it would not be as hard as hooking up say a gaugue pod.....but im sure im way off on that call.

If you want to go aftermarket, there's things such as the Scangauge II , PLX DM-200 OBD or Aeroforce Tech Interceptor

Oh, and by far the RKSport sides for the Grand Am would look better with that forbidden kit.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #36
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Carputer with mobile internet would be a super luxury item. If you can even do it. I know nothing about them, just tossing out ideas.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #37
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
Carputer with mobile internet would be a super luxury item. If you can even do it. I know nothing about them, just tossing out ideas.

Fk yes!!

AT LEAST have a double din touch screen with full computer capabilities.. music and video library, GPS built in, etc.

I'd imagine mobile internet is possible somehow, look into it for sure!

See if you can get some sort of hands free calling, too. Like where you can accept a cell call, and have their voice broadcast over the speakers and then you can just talk out loud or something. That's pretty class, too.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #38
jeff4young

Digital Climate Control

hey guys I am new to this forum and I have been searching to see if it is possible to do a digital climate control in a 2000 alero? It seems like one of the grand prix climate controls would work but I was just wondering if anyone has done this yet. Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:22 PM   #39
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's possible to do anything you want... why bump this old thread?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #40
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote