Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 02-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
alero interior color change

So I have the pewter color I guess it is. But I want to go all tan and wood grain. I have everything sitting in the garage. seats, carpet, trim, tan suede for the headliner and rear speaker panel, glove box, airbag cover on dash. The issue im running into is the dash, whats the best option to go from here, just by a new pad or replace the whole dash. Also I want to go with a diffrent stearing wheel, somthing more sport'y but luxury. Will this be a problem removing the air bags go as far as when I need to have it inspected....thanks.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
i know in pa you need all the factor equiped safty opps for state inspection.

fiberglass dash and get it painted to look like wood grain

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
i know in pa you need all the factor equiped safty opps for state inspection.

fiberglass dash and get it painted to look like wood grain

can I buy a nice wheel that keeps the factory airbag? I wound this wheel but it doesnt have the factory airbag.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/grt1033-sy.html

Naaa I dont want to fiberglass anything, im going for a fatory luxery look.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
airbags are application specific and are specific to each steering wheel, can't just mount it in there lol

- C2 from Takata, Inc.
#1 manufacturer of airbag vehicle safety systems

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
airbags are application specific and are specific to each steering wheel, can't just mount it in there lol

- C2 from Takata, Inc.
#1 manufacturer of airbag vehicle safety systems

lol.....yea i think I know that. I was asking if there are any places that sell a after market steering wheel that has the airbag or the mounting for it.

I know that one i posted wont use my air bag or any for that matter...lol
Old 02-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
the cushion is packed a certain way and is designed with the OEM cover's tear section. if you had an aftermarket wheel i doubt you'd want the OEM cover, as it won't flow with any aftermarket wheel. removing that cover and fitting it into another aftermarket piece would not be recommended.. lol. it hasn't been tested with the rigorous and detailed types of testing the OEM one has

i'm just sayin it wouldn't be safe/reliable so don't crash into anything
Old 02-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
the cushion is packed a certain way and is designed with the OEM cover's tear section. if you had an aftermarket wheel i doubt you'd want the OEM cover, as it won't flow with any aftermarket wheel. removing that cover and fitting it into another aftermarket piece would not be recommended.. lol. it hasn't been tested with the rigorous and detailed types of testing the OEM one has

i'm just sayin it wouldn't be safe/reliable so don't crash into anything

Lol, thats why I was wondering if there is a company that makes aftermarket steering wheels with airbags............i in no way would even think of trying to rig a air bag to a stearing wheel it doesnt belong on....lol
Old 02-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

lol it'd be funny to see it go off though. i love seeing bad tests, interior trim pieces go flying at 70MPH
Old 02-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
paulyb
GLS member

ill get a grant steering wheel and duct tape the air bag in the middel.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
my23car1
GX Member

my23car1 is on a distinguished road
Where can you buy new dash pads for aleros... all the times i try to find a site it is all crap sites... any suggestions or anyone know a price???
Caleb
my23car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:23 PM   #11
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
why dont u buy another factory wheel from a lexus or something wood wrapped and use there fact airbag just take there logo off
Old 03-02-2008, 02:16 AM   #12
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Why don't you just send in your wheel and have it custom done..

www.american-stitches.com
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #13
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Why don't you just send in your wheel and have it custom done..

www.american-stitches.com

cuase until you posted that I didntknow ths place exsisted,,,,,thanks for the post bro, this will help me alot........just what Im lookin for.