Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
racing seats

Anyone knowwere to et some racin seats that will fit our factory sliders? Any suggestions on were to get some? Just thinking for some future plans.....thanks.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I have Otto-R's bought off eBay, $250 shipped.

Racin4JC has these kind too, and supposedly they go in real easy. They come with the brackets you need and they bolt on to our stockers simply.

If you have the money, I'd get Tenzo Racing Sport Rally type seats. They're what I was going to get til I found out how nice these were and the price.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
yo ion, those comfy?
Old 02-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
they are. they make some great gaming seats for now until it gets over 20 degrees so i feel like installing them
they also come in all sorts of colors if you don't want to blend in with the stock interior
Old 02-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
ions right I have the tenzos and they are very nice seats very well crafted.

However to install them (and most seats) I did have to make a couple little brackets so that they would line up with the stock mounts, so it wasn't a direct bolt up. But if you have some time and some minor metal working skills they are very easy to get to fit (the fronts atleast the backs are another story).
racin4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

I thought you had Otto-R, woops. That's cool you got a set of 4.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
mfuller

Just about any sport seats will require that you fabricate some brackets to adapt to the factory sliders....or you can bolt them to the floorpan.
Please do not do a competition-style harness (4 or 5-point) unless you have a roll bar or cage in your car.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racin4JC View Post
ions right I have the tenzos and they are very nice seats very well crafted.

However to install them (and most seats) I did have to make a couple little brackets so that they would line up with the stock mounts, so it wasn't a direct bolt up. But if you have some time and some minor metal working skills they are very easy to get to fit (the fronts atleast the backs are another story).

Sick interior man...........were did you get your colored carpet from?
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Please do not do a competition-style harness (4 or 5-point) unless you have a roll bar or cage in your car.

what's wrong with 4-pt harnesses? infinitely safer than the cheap lap/shoulder belt. why does it require a cage?
Old 02-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
what's wrong with 4-pt harnesses? infinitely safer than the cheap lap/shoulder belt. why does it require a cage?

Reason #1
In the event of a rollover your body cannot slide out of the way--as it can with a 3 pt Factory harness.
I guess it all depends how you will use your car and how safety conscious you are.

Reason #2
You want to wrap the harness around the roll bar right behind your seat. The longer the strap ( if you get long ones and bolt to the floor/rear etc.) the more the straps will stretch in an impact.

Reason #3
You do not want to mount the shoulder straps to the floor --the angle will be wrong and can result in additional injuries according to the belt manufacturers.
DO NOT MOUNT ANY LOWER THAN 4" BELOW YOUR SHOULDER LINE!!!!!!!!!!
Could result in spine compression in an accident. Very bad.

Also --harnesses on the street are not all that "easy" to drive with --unless you like being tightly strapped into the seat (forget changing the radio station). If you leave the belts loose--you defeat the safety of the harness--there is not a tensioner on the 4/5/6 pt harnesses.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Got it. Darn.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #12
racin4JC
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
Sick interior man...........were did you get your colored carpet from?

I don't remeber the exact company off the top of my head (and can't find reciept), but the color is electric blue, so just search that on google. Mine was all molded to fit so very easy to install once all interior was removed.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #13
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
i thought about gettin tenzo seats a two tone leather wrapped. I would also do rear buckets too.

www.arizenracingsports.com

this is a fine looking seat too

999 post !!!!

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 02-24-2008 at 04:13 PM.
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #14
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
http://www.auto-interior.com/extreme.htm

was this the place?

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4
5.7 liters of gas suckin power!
33x12.5r15 Mud Terrians on 15x10 wheels

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #15
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbain View Post

figure it would be a lot more then $111 I might get new stuff

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #16
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by racin4JC View Post
But if you have some time and some minor metal working skills they are very easy to get to fit (the fronts atleast the backs are another story).

And if I don't have time or metal working skills, how much should it cost to get someone else to do it?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
racinjc... it was my understanding that rear bucket seats couldn't fit, due to height issues....

...or was it that you can't use the rearview mirror....?

how did you get yours to fit?

I've always considered it, since i find the stock seats rather uncomfortable (and i could use a little more leg room) how much metal fab work is required? I guess i'm just looking for more detail on how these "brackets" are made...
Old 02-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #18
racin4JC
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post

Reason #3
You do not want to mount the shoulder straps to the floor --the angle will be wrong and can result in additional injuries according to the belt manufacturers.
DO NOT MOUNT ANY LOWER THAN 4" BELOW YOUR SHOULDER LINE!!!!!!!!!!
Could result in spine compression in an accident. Very bad.

With this one it depends on the seats you have, for example my tenzo seats have an all tubular frame and then steel top where the belts come through. In the case of an impact the force through the belt gets placed on that steel plate and redirected down to the floor.

Do that static analysis on it you will see what I mean..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbain View Post

That looks like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJules View Post
And if I don't have time or metal working skills, how much should it cost to get someone else to do it?

No idea, that would depend on what kind of shop you bring it to and the quality of work they do. I made my own in probably a couple hours, it is the placement of the seats that is the challenging part.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:20 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

mine look real easy to do, considering you can place the brackets they came with wherever you want on the bottom of the seat, so i can drill holes and bolt them to the stock sliders no prob
Old 02-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #20
racin4JC
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
racinjc... it was my understanding that rear bucket seats couldn't fit, due to height issues....

...or was it that you can't use the rearview mirror....?

how did you get yours to fit?

I've always considered it, since i find the stock seats rather uncomfortable (and i could use a little more leg room) how much metal fab work is required? I guess i'm just looking for more detail on how these "brackets" are made...

The rear seats fit fine, the only problem is that if someone slightly taller sits in the back there head is almost touching the ceiling and I have the seats as low to the floor as I could get them. Example I am 5' 10" and my head has about 3/4" clearance when I sit straight up in my back seat. But as far as vision I can see fine between the two with rear view mirror, and my back window is tinted so dark I hardly look through it anyway.

Here is a VERY rough sketch of how I did the driver and passenger brackets. The red ones are the brackets I made and he the others are the stock sliders. And the bottom of my seats just had four bolts that I bolted to the new brackets.

And the back brackets you just have to get very creative. (you can kind of see in photo under the work light)