Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Alero rebuild sport/luxury plans/must haves

Ok so check this, I was thinking of building the ultimate sport luxury alero...why becuase i can and want to, so any its an alero man comments keep them to yourself........... But what I do want to know is what am I missing, heres what I got for an idea so far...........

DEA front and rear bumper, andy's side skirts with the holes filled...........a set of 19's......just trying to stay clean on the outside, yet not stock..

the interior.

So Im thinking of leather with suede inserts, suede door inserest, suede rear deck, headliner and visors. Full burlwood interior trim, indash with navigation, dual head rest moniters. I was also looking at a kit for heated and massage seats for the front and rear seats......

Heres were I get stuck and need your thoughts, what am I missing!!!!!!
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Go easy on the suede. haha and i think a wood and aluminum dash would be better than all wood.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Paging alarm, Lowjack, Satellite radio, 5.25 speakers in rear doors, sunroof, bluetooth, digital gauges, HID kit, Remote Start..this is some of the stuff I guess I would like to see in my ideal luxury car, and a HUD of some car functions.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Paging alarm, Lowjack, Satellite radio, 5.25 speakers in rear doors, sunroof, bluetooth, digital gauges, HID kit, Remote Start..this is some of the stuff I guess I would like to see in my ideal luxury car, and a HUD of some car functions.

I already have the remote start with that pager system.....the satellite radio is a good idea for sure........

I looked at the gs and tried to map out what functions I could just cross over into the alero, but Im still running blanks....lol

How could i go about digital gauges, cause thats definitly a killer idea? But fesible a pain in the ass to pull off hu?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Jet black paint job with a set of nice chrome 18's, but nothing too flashy and over-the-top. I think 19's are a little too big, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
so any its an alero man comments keep them to yourself...
This is Aleromod.com, a place for people to discuss modding their Aleros. This is probably the last place you'll hear anyone giving you negative comments about modding an Alero.

Last edited by Spilner521 : 04-10-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
paulyb
GLS member

i ment the why try to build a luxury alero...type not a why mod an alero...lol. I was thinking all blacked out, with all tan interior.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I already have the remote start with that pager system.....the satellite radio is a good idea for sure........

I looked at the gs and tried to map out what functions I could just cross over into the alero, but Im still running blanks....lol

How could i go about digital gauges, cause thats definitly a killer idea? But fesible a pain in the ass to pull off hu?
Speaking for my self I would just reuse the gauge cluster you have just take out the old and mold in the new. Now wiring it all up....you won't know until you get them. The pain comes with depending on what you take digital how to fit it all in there thats not tacky or looks cluttered. And not everyting would have to be molded to the stock cluster, you could reuse the map pocket for a HUD of things like engine temp, oil pressure, tire pressure, doors. Depends on how much cheese you are willing to eat so to speak. Anythings possible!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
paulyb
GLS member

i realy dont want to do anything to the radio bezel other than molding the touch screen in....is there any systems I can get that will moniter all that for me threw the in dash??????????

Im wondering how hard it would be to make digital, what gm cars have digitl that i may be able to make work?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
The HUD from a vette would be pretty nifty, didnt know they existed until my friend showed me the one in his dad's vette.. would be cool for one to be in an alero

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
don't forget the 2JZ-GTE swap/RWD
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #11
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
don't forget the 2JZ-GTE swap/RWD

and why would I want to even do that, just another stupid comment from ion, no suprise there.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
you could probabily do a HUD swap from an older (mid 90's) Cutlass Supreme, Grand Prix, or Bonneville.....

I like your idea and the wood would look good with some accenting chrome. I'd say do all leather just a nicer job than the factory "leather" that feels like vinyl.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
and why would I want to even do that, just another stupid comment from ion, no suprise there.

The eff you talking about? You said you were making up plans for a sport/luxury Alero. The eff's wrong with a 2JZ-GTE twin turbo engine paired with your luxury interior? Similar to what those with Lexus's can do with almost a direct swap.

Good job making an ass out of yourself by jumping all up on me for posting a dream idea for the perfect sport/luxury Alero.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #14
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
The eff you talking about? You said you were making up plans for a sport/luxury Alero. The eff's wrong with a 2JZ-GTE twin turbo engine paired with your luxury interior? Similar to what those with Lexus's can do with almost a direct swap.
A few Lexus' (such as the IS300) come from the factory with the non-turbo 2JZ-GE engine. While not as stout as the 2JZ-GTE turbo engine, it can still handle a lot of power being turbocharged on stock internals. For someone not looking to build a dyno queen/all out drag car, a turbo 2JZ swap is not necessary. <-----Side note
Old 04-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #15
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Touch screen interface, PM bartTN for details, thou he hasn't been here in forever.
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:

Good job making an ass out of yourself by jumping all up on me for posting a dream idea for the perfect sport/luxury Alero.

why would i even attempt to try and stuff a 2JZ-GTE motorn and make it rear wheel drive, seriously.........

If i wanted to do that, i would drop it in my GS, not my alero..........
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
why would i even attempt to try and stuff a 2JZ-GTE motorn and make it rear wheel drive, seriously.........

You asked for opinions on what was missing; no need for e-thugging.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #18
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
heated cup holders?

i'd love to get the cruise that'll match the speed of the car ahead of you... (bimmer/benz style) but i'm almost positive thats not an aftermarket available project.

dynomat every surface of the car, to make it as quiet as possible...

climate control? easy entry seats? (when you remove the key the seats move all the way back) nightvision, keyless touch entry, built in AC jacks...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #19
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
I noticed you said that you wanted a tan interior and go with burlwood accents but have you thought about brids eye maple accents? Wouldn't contrast as much as the tan/burlwood combo but its not something that you see every day and would look sweet IMO.

Docking station for iPod or something like that incorperated into the interior.

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4
5.7 liters of gas suckin power!
33x12.5r15 Mud Terrians on 15x10 wheels

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
heated cup holders?

i'd love to get the cruise that'll match the speed of the car ahead of you... (bimmer/benz style) but i'm almost positive thats not an aftermarket available project.

dynomat every surface of the car, to make it as quiet as possible...

climate control? easy entry seats? (when you remove the key the seats move all the way back) nightvision, keyless touch entry, built in AC jacks...

awsme idea'severyone keep em coming........definitly want it to be as quite as possible, im eventhinking of just aking the subs ad am out as well and going for a better all arround ound quality.....

I woud love to figure out ow to have a system were I can alow pasenger and drive side control settings for the heat/ac.....

How indepth would it be to et a caddy contro system?????theres so many good ideas yet i have no idea were to even start with th digital gauges and the climate control......