Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Bass Contest

Well yesterday was our big bass contest yesterday, and Digital Design ruled the day. They took 1st and 2nd in almost every class. With the high of the day being 149.2 in spl, and the second highest was 149.1 in spl. The suprise of the day was a toyota celica sporting 1 12" DD 9500 series that reached 143.1 in spl. The big winner was a guy in a tahoe that had 4 18" inch subs pushing 10,000 watts he of course was the high of the day. Second was a geo metro with 1 15" DD pushing 6,000 watts. Then they did the drive by, and the geo metro hit 131 spl, and the Tahoe hit 129. Over all it was a fun day! With all that said I think that I am going to get 1 15" DD in a slotted box I did see the new 18" DD but I'm not paying 1600 for it.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
sounds fun, but

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
4 18's and didn't even break into 150? :[

Still them are some badass system from the sound of it! Pictures would be very nice!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
lol when i saw the title i was thinking "bass contest" like a fishing tournament or something.. o.O"

....you know you're redneck if....
Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawzbear View Post
lol when i saw the title i was thinking "bass contest" like a fishing tournament or something.. o.O"

....you know you're redneck if....
HaHaHa you crazy girl!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
4 18's and didn't even break into 150? :[

Still them are some badass system from the sound of it! Pictures would be very nice!
No he couldn't it was crazy, but the guy in the geo with 1 15" DD was hitting between 148 to 149.1 spl. This guy with a civic had a 15"DD and was hitting 143.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
sounds fun, but

I know but I had to share. I wish I had taken my camera but I wasn't really going to go until one of my friends that was holding the contest asked me to come.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #8
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
These guys suck nuts period.

I took a single 12" sound storm slade to 140.0 flat on a tone.

We smoked that sub too for fun. But eh, 140 dB in a blazer... Power was way over its rated, but thats what its about.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
These guys suck nuts period.

I took a single 12" sound storm slade to 140.0 flat on a tone.

We smoked that sub too for fun. But eh, 140 dB in a blazer... Power was way over its rated, but thats what its about.
There was a guy there that was in the 140's with a single DD 12 driving a celica (older model). One guy in a mustang was pushing a 15 DD with a Crossfire amp model 1000D and fried it when he disconnected his second battery to drop to a lower class, good thing they come with a 7yr exchange warranty. This show was filled with DD product as far as subs are concerned, and alot of Crossfire amps.