Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-30-2004, 03:26 AM   #1
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
I had the front brakes and rotors done a few months ago. For a short while I had no problems, no noise. Now Every time in really light breaking 10mph- 0mph NON STOP bunnyING SQUEAL. I brought it back to my mechanic a state down and they put something on em, assuming some anti squeal, but it lasted maybe a day TOPS

I cannot stand it anymore, is there any solution to this that'll last?

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:51 PM   #2
boarder211

Damned if I know. I'm having the same problem, and my mechanic has said that really the only way to get rid of it is with ceramics. I've got some anti-squeal break grease that I'm going to put on when I get the chance, and I'll post something to say how it works...
Old 06-30-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
brim
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by boarder211@Jun 30 2004, 05:51 PM
Damned if I know. I'm having the same problem, and my mechanic has said that really the only way to get rid of it is with ceramics. I've got some anti-squeal break grease that I'm going to put on when I get the chance, and I'll post something to say how it works...
the other set of brake pads i had when i bought the car lasted me a while and i never heard a single squeak out of them

follow the titans
Old 07-01-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
hubcaps

same thing happened to me... i just loosened the lug nuts a bit and they are much quieter now. it's still there, but i have to turn my radio all the way down and listen carefully. i'll probably take the wheels off this weekend and take a closer look. i know that some mechanics torque the hell out of the bolts when putting the tires back on, which could warp the rotors.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hubcaps@Jul 1 2004, 09:28 PM
same thing happened to me... i just loosened the lug nuts a bit and they are much quieter now. it's still there, but i have to turn my radio all the way down and listen carefully. i'll probably take the wheels off this weekend and take a closer look. i know that some mechanics torque the hell out of the bolts when putting the tires back on, which could warp the rotors.
dude ya got to be kiddin right tell me your kiddin????
well the anti squeel grease is put on the back of the pad, it might be he didn`t cut the rotors, and could cause the noise
ask him if he cut the rotors
maybe switch pads and cut the rotors
and to you guy, iam sorry to say but over tightened wheels do not cause rotors to warp
:huh?:
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:43 PM   #6
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
oh ya maybe it`s brake dust sometimes that happens too
i would have the brakes totaly re done by some one else
but check the rotors
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:23 PM   #7
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Yeah, after having SO many noise issues with different brake pads after I replaced them with aftermarket, I ask several shops what I should do. They all said that the N-body GM cars will have no noise issues with the stock pads. So I have aftermarket rotors (Raybestos) and GM pads. It seems to be a great combo. And NO noise.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:36 AM   #8
brim
GLS member

i've got new front rotors, they went on the same time as the pads

follow the titans
Old 07-02-2004, 12:46 AM   #9
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brim@Jul 1 2004, 11:36 PM
i've got new front rotors, they went on the same time as the pads
its your pads. N-body cars don't deal well with most aftermarket pads. Some aftermarket pads seem to work fine while other cause a lot of nosie. If your stock pads lasted fine for you, I would get another set and put them on. I am almost positive that will take care of that nosie
Old 07-02-2004, 07:08 AM   #10
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea... but dont the stock pads suck ass?

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:12 AM   #11
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BLK03GXS@Jul 2 2004, 06:08 AM
Yea... but dont the stock pads suck ass?
The only thing I hated about the stock pads was that they only lasted 16k on my car. But I do all stop and go city driving. So that may have alot to do with it. The stock Rotors are what SUCK. As far as noise, stopping, and dust, I love the stock pads. When I first changed pads, I tried some Semi-metallic from a parts store, and they squeaked all the time. Then I tried raybestos cermaic pads and they grinded at every stop. The ceramic pads caused the wheels to get VERY hot also. So being sick of all the nosie, I went to the dealer and got a set of stock pads. I know they won't last very long becasue they are a softer material, but I am a freak when it comes to squeaky or grinding brakes.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #12
goldenalero
GX Member

goldenalero is on a distinguished road
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\The Omiester\My Documents\My Pictures\9-20-2007\DSC00278.JPG[IMG]
Old 10-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
holy post resurrection batman!

and learn how to post images online ROFL you can't just copy a local file directory
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #14
AsianAlero
GX Member

AsianAlero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AsianAlero
i used some akebono ceramics and they are great along with brembo oem replacements. i also had some other ceramics from pep boys with the brembo oem and they worked great
our cars call for ceramic stock pads
AsianAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
seriously i guess the guy who posted below me didn't read what i wrote lol
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote