Malix is on a distinguished road
Ehem,

I vote for stock lol >_<

PS- Malix got his stereo stolen T_T...replaced with stock :P

Malix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #22
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I know I still think the stock ones look the nicest. But even with the 1" high pocket, I don't see fitting in a standard 1.5" auto gauge. I'll have to find something rectangular shaped.

Maybe something like this mounted in the pocket area:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STING...=p4506.c0.m245

I'm not sure if I'd want something with the stupid company name so prominent though.

Or maybe something like this if it happens to fit.

Last edited by zzyzzx : 08-26-2008 at 03:01 PM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #23
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
i did that already. U'll cut out the pocket tho.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #24
itsbmw

^^ that's hot I want that
Old 08-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #25
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbmw View Post
^^ that's hot I want that

I want that too. I was wondering if AftermathAlero took any pics while they were doing it.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #26
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
I want richie's Car.

hehe.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #27
zzyzzx
GLS member

I'm also thinking that without the pocket, there is more room there for the wiring as well. Seeing how there isn't much depth there.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #28
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
I'm also thinking that without the pocket, there is more room there for the wiring as well. Seeing how there isn't much depth there.

No matter what kit you buy.. you still need to cut out the pocket if u want to put gauges there.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #29
zzyzzx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
No matter what kit you buy.. you still need to cut out the pocket if u want to put gauges there.

Yeah, but is there a nice way to cut out the pocket and cover it up before I mount something on it?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #30
zzyzzx
GLS member

If all the Scosche stuf has a pocket or the CD thingy, how come a few of the pics in the single din section don't have the pocket?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:58 AM   #31
zzyzzx
GLS member

I'm referring to some of the pics in this thread:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22280

That do not show a pocket:

What install kit are they using?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #32
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

thats the metra install kit.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #33
zzyzzx
GLS member

Then I'l get the Metra instead. JC Whitney and eBay seem to have it.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #34
zzyzzx
GLS member

OK, but now there are two Metro kits!

ZX293394

ZX292829

So what's the difference? And neither appears to have a plate instead of the pocket.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #35
zzyzzx
GLS member

OK, JC Whitney's webpage is wrong. Even meteronline's webpage has what looks like the wrong pictue until you look at the PDF instructions. The one without the pocket is Metra 99-2001 and the plate is really the "Equalizer Dummy Plate"
http://documents.victorytechnologies...roduct/886.pdf
Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #36
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
Your part number is wrong for the first one. It is GM1583B. I have it sitting right here in front of me.

The correct GM1583B pic

I looked up the GM1509B
This is GM1509B

This is GM1590B as in the thread title

Let me know if u want the GM1583B install kit. $12.50 shipped to ur door.

the GM1509B, does that center the stereo on the dash or how does that one work? i have an indash dvd and would like to have the dvd player not block the a/c vents. will this one work or what do you suggest?
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #37
itsbmw

yeah I got the metra kit and wiring harness for 23 dollars I like it, the pocket would be nice but I'd rather mount switches on the 1/2 din slot that has nothing, or digital gauges. hmmm

Last edited by itsbmw : 09-04-2008 at 05:52 PM.