Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-31-2004, 01:31 AM   #1
midnightalero01

i've been having two different problems with my ignition lately...
1) when i start the car it screeches while it's starting
1) sometime the car starts and then just shuts off a few seconds later...

any help or information would be nice... thanks guys
Old 12-31-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the first one sounds like starter
Old 12-31-2004, 01:46 AM   #3
bigd6983

yea but the second one doesnt.....

im having a problem too, went to start car and it wouldnt start, 2 trys later it starts but dies, then it did it again, the 3rd time i feather the throttle and it kicked over perfectly and ran fine......got home shut it off, went to start it and it took a while to crank over maybe 2 seconds or a tad more, it did it 3 times in a row.......im thinking fuel pump or something fuel related, or i was thinking battery, im sure its the original one, my cars a 2000, and my lights dim at idle with no stereo load or anything, when i roll up the windows and hold the switch after they are all the way up it drops the idle down maybe 150-200 rpms.....
Old 12-31-2004, 01:51 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983@Dec 31 2004, 12:46 AM
im having a problem too, went to start car and it wouldnt start, 2 tires later it starts but dies, then it did it again
take those 2 tires back and get new ones .................LOL
Old 12-31-2004, 01:52 AM   #5
bigd6983

gosh darn it im tired.........stop pickin on me lol......T R I E D......there we go lol
Old 12-31-2004, 02:37 AM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

i couldn't resist it. sorry.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey bigd, my car used to do that like once every other month. I believe it's the fuel filter being kinda clogged. It needs replacement. One thing you can do that's gotten in the habit of doing, is when you go to start the car, turn the key to the on position and leave it for about 3 or 4 seconds ( the time it takes to put on your seat belt ) by that time, the fuel pump has enough time to pressure-up the system even with the crud-filled filter. I bet it'll start easier for ya. It works for me. :thumbsup: Even if it works though, it sounds like your fuel filter needs to be changed. In time, the clogged filter puts a strain on the fuel pump, and it's an expensive fix, just ask Ken.

Hope this helps dude. B)

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 11:53 AM   #8
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by Youngblood77@Dec 31 2004, 08:01 AM
Hey bigd, my car used to do that like once every other month. I believe it's the fuel filter being kinda clogged. It needs replacement. One thing you can do that's gotten in the habit of doing, is when you go to start the car, turn the key to the on position and leave it for about 3 or 4 seconds ( the time it takes to put on your seat belt ) by that time, the fuel pump has enough time to pressure-up the system even with the crud-filled filter. I bet it'll start easier for ya. It works for me. :thumbsup: Even if it works though, it sounds like your fuel filter needs to be changed. In time, the clogged filter puts a strain on the fuel pump, and it's an expensive fix, just ask Ken.

Hope this helps dude. B)
yea and thats the thing ive put 23,000 miles on the can since ive had it and changed it twice i think........doesnt manual say once every like 50,000 miles......i mean ill try and give it a shot.......and i always prime the system before i turn it on.......still was doing nothing for it........