Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2003, 03:05 PM   #1
havik

NOTE: These are discussions transferred over from the previous forum. If you have a unique CAI topic, please feel free to start a new thread.

CAI's discussed in this post discussion:
- Induction dynamics
- Mantapart ECOTEC 2.2 TC Air Intake
- APOC (only 2.4L ??)
- Weapon R

Discussion begins
Quote:
anybody know what and where I can get a cold air intake for my alero 2.2 ecotec? and would it make a big difference? thanks

Quote:
the only two I know of are:

Induction Dynamics
http://www.induction-dynamics.com/ecotec.html

Mantapart
http://www.mantapart.com/ecotec.html

yes they will more improve your performance a bit.

Quote:
sweet thanks!

Quote:
they are for a Sunfire, Cavalier, Grand Am will it still fit?

Quote:
If it's for the Cavy I doubt it would fit. I havent compared the two engine bays. The only one that would be questionable is the Mantapart one as they do not specify what body it is for. More than likely for the Cavy.

The ID has one for a GA and that one will fit the Alero.

Quote:
ID?

Quote:
ID - Induction Dynamics

Quote:
the Induction Dynamic CAi is for the J-body cars. All they did was measure everything and to make sure it would fit. Even the instructions are for installing on a j-body. In most cases if it (CAI or WAI) fits a j-body it will fit ours

Quote:
How about a cai for the 2.5 DOHC...?

Quote:
You mean 2.4 DOHC right? Induction Dynamics again has a CAI for the 2.4, and so does APOC (American Performance of Colorado) a sponsor of these boards (I think anyways... havnt seen springs post in ages), just click the APOC banner at the top of the page if you go with them...

Oh right, apparently APOC has very long wait times... like 3 months or something...

Quote:
yeah, for the 2.4...so which brand do you guys recomend?

Quote:
well I have the Induction Dynamics CAi and I am very happy with it. APOC seems to look and work great.

So I would say either one. They are 2 best ones out there.

Quote:
hey olds...how much did your ID cai cost you?

Quote:
$263 with shipping.

Quote:
I have one of the few APOC CAI and I love it even silent said the thing was huge (hehehuh). Not sure what the wait time is, if any, at present.

Quote:
check out my pics and see how i relocating my battery if you do that get yourself a cold air for a 99-00 civic dx and a aem bypass valve with a little bit of shaving it will work right know i have on my car and it sounds damn good now if waiting for my throttle body and headers to come in next week...... any question ask....

Quote:
Or if you really are impatient... find a shop that specializes in turbo setups (custom style) they can fabricate one for you as well..

Quote:
weapon r has the cai for the 2.2 ecotec it works on my car.....i will sell you mine cuz` iam goin with the rk sport cai.......fyi......the cavy`s and our cars are the same under the hoods.....fyi.....

Quote:
and FYI j-bodys and n-bodys still have different engine compartment dimensions and how certain things are placed... i.e. fuse boxes, brake resoivoirs etc..

Quote:
has anybody seen ID's new intake manifold for the 2.4? Christ... it's HUGE! you have to relocate your battery because it gets in the way... pretty awesome looking though I bet in a built engine it shows great gains