Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #41
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_bmxer View Post
where the plastic part meets the metal, i took one of the licence plate light screws out and ran a long ass sheet metal screw all the way through the metal behind it an no more rattle

Old 11-24-2009, 12:26 AM   #42
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
i got mat round the lip where the trunk meets the glass, its helping but not much, someone on here has had to come up with something for it, i know theres systems on the site that hit harder then mine
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #43
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Alerodrime: i got mat round the lip where the trunk meets the glass, its helping but not much, someone on here has had to come up with something for it, i know theres systems on the site that hit harder then mine

Have you done anything to the part of the trunk lid between the plastic and the metal? I have seen that most of my rattling comes from there. Sound deadening material between the plastic and the metal part of the lid will really help. I know because I tried with cardboard in between just to see if it would work and it did lol

BTW I did take the cardboard out later lol

If you need more clarification on what to do, you can go ahead and ask. Ill try and explain.

Last edited by Valley olds : 11-24-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Valley olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #44
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
i did same as vally_olds. except i put that foam that has tape on one side, the stuff that goes around doors to seal it. it worker pretty good. i put thinker foam, and tightened the plastic piece on with screws and washers instead of the plastic clips. it still rattles but not nearly as bad

hopefully that made sense

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote