Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
Steven01
GL Member

Steven01 is on a distinguished road
I Dont Understand Could Anyone Help! Please

Heres what ive been through the last week and what has happend PLEASE whAT DO YOU THINK!

last thursday i got commandstart put in then on sat i got my dvd deck installed then on mon i got my tint. then on tues afternoon lunch time my car didnt start battery dead. Car didnt have enought power to turn over then on the 2nd atmpt the batter didnt have enought juice to evan TRY. And Now agin Thursday! after WORK it didnt start! same thing. My uncle tested battery yestraday wednesday evrything came up positive charges and what not. Battery only a year Old. Dont know what to do HELP!

steven
Steven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Does the security light come on???
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:45 AM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Could be with the combination of getting a system and them installing tint (because they leave the car on to put tint on) it could have killed your battery. Try fully charging it and see what happens. Side note make sure that your electronics go off when the car's ignition is off.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:08 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ that's what I was thinking, My car died in the tint shop too

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Why do they need your car on when putting tint on?
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
If you got the front windows done and have power windows, then they would need to be rolling the windows up and down. Other then that, the dome light and stuff should shut off after 20mins of the door being open.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
teflone
GL Member

teflone is an unknown quantity at this point
doors are open.. lights are on

My car has a bad door sensor, all my lights stay on.. needless to say I pulled all interior lighting fuses..

tint places have car on, for radio.. ? or just plain leave the doors open.. which in turn does the obvious..

but like buddy said.. when you close your door, and lock your car.. make sure all your lights go off.. wait 5 minutes to check to be sure..
teflone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #8
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I am thinking a remote wire is not hooked up correctly. If the power stays on any these after the car is off then you could have this problem.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
Steven01
GL Member

Ok cavalier My security light did come on the other day But it only came on once soo far. i started car it was on drove to my girl friends turned it off and ever since it hasnt yet. But still this problem has happendt 2 times. in 2 days. Like im sure my battery would of been fully charged befor it happend the 2nd time. And for remote wire. its not evan Connected to anything i unpluged my power cable to the battery and i discontected evrything from my amp Since i belive i blew a diod not 100% sure But my amp fuses Blows evrytime i put my power cable in it. But im not worrie about that. MY CAR NOT STARTING IS BIGGER PROBLEM. Should i just take my car to the dealership that installed camandstart and get them to look over it BETTER NOT CHARGE me or just wait to see if it happens agian. I work full time mon to fri cant aford my car to not start in the mornings. and no one here to booost.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
robz02alero
GL Member

robz02alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to robz02alero
There is a good chance your battery has 12V but no AMPS, have the battery tested for both. In my opinion, once a battery dies once it's like infidelity, it will never be the same.LOL
COMING HOME SOON
robz02alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #11
robz02alero
GL Member

robz02alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to robz02alero
good time to buy an OPTIMA!!
COMING HOME SOON
robz02alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
Steven01
GL Member

Well battery was tested for volts and charge came up GOOD battery only a year old. actully 15 months old soo I dont know