Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 04-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #21
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
I have to wonder what meth does to the coating on the rotor lobes.....

What coating?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #22
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
a m62 on a 3400 with n2o was olny running mid 13's so will your mp62 with 14 psi and an intercooler get you to low 13's i would say no. realisticly i would say high 13's. 14 psi if i remember correctly is at the point of being ineffiencent so it will take a a lot of cooling to make it really worth it. just like on the m45 the difference between 8psi and 10psi was 1hp that was dynoed on j-body.

If you want to be different go the s/c setup but based on your expetations a turbo would be best. Or go with a M90 setup and get that to work.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
That's comical. An MP45 2.4L with a tiny amount of nitrous runs mid 13s. Most moderately modified MP62 setups on the 2.2L Ecotec run mid 13s. Airtonics runs high 12s with no methanol, no nitrous.

Remember, it's an MP62, 5th generation, not the shitty old M62.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #24
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
I disagree with that, if you're saying it will increase octane very much. Figure the amount of alcohol injected as a percentage of the total amount of fuel consumed, and the increase in octane is minimal.

well based off results on a 87 GN with the alcohol injection on 93 pump gas he went from 19psi to 24psi before detenation. with racing fuel it was able to achieve 28psi. So maybe it does increase octane but it does allow you to run a higher boost before detenation that has been proven on the GN's.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:27 AM   #25
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
That's comical. An MP45 2.4L with a tiny amount of nitrous runs mid 13s. Most moderately modified MP62 setups on the 2.2L Ecotec run mid 13s. Airtonics runs high 12s with no methanol, no nitrous.

Remember, it's an MP62, 5th generation, not the shitty old M62.

now figure in the weight factor of our n-bodies and the mid 13's turn into low 14's to high 13's. A lot depends on air temp, humidity, elevation, etc which i am sure you know.

ok mp62.......so at what rpm of the charger does it become ineffiencent and what pully size puts it at that point and that is what psi of boost?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
... The j-body is not that much lighter. and i'm at only 600' elevation.. and next time I go to the track will be in the evening.

Who knows what the efficiency range is. I don't have the map on me. I know it's far more efficient than the MP45 and plenty are spinning them to 15+ psi on the Cobalts making good power. It's definitely better than the MP45. We'll find out.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:40 AM   #27
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
now figure in the weight factor of our n-bodies and the mid 13's turn into low 14's to high 13's. A lot depends on air temp, humidity, elevation, etc which i am sure you know.

ok mp62.......so at what rpm of the charger does it become ineffiencent and what pully size puts it at that point and that is what psi of boost?

I am getting 10-13 psi usable boost on the 3400, the drivetrain will fail before the SC does in my case. Temperature rises only 8-13 deg. in a 1/4 mile run, depending on ambient air. Boost level will decrease a bit as you make the exhaust less restrictive. 2.0 pulley, 5800-5900 rpm shift points. Somebody else do the math.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:46 AM   #28
[ion] C2
636 whp

... The j-body is not that much lighter. and i'm at only 600' elevation.. and next time I go to the track will be in the evening.

Who knows what the efficiency range is. I don't have the map on me. I know it's far more efficient than the MP45 and plenty are spinning them to 15+ psi on the Cobalts making good power. It's definitely better than the MP45. We'll find out.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #29
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
So what, you want me to go directly to the snail? A chilled 14 PSI from an MP62 won't be good for low 13s? P&P blower, P&P head, then direct port 100HP nitrous for 12s? Not happy with the results? I think I will be. If the MP62 doesn't seem suitable, I can EASILY sell the setup. It's a greatly desired system on j-body. And then I can go to a GT30R.

With the new manifold design I'll be able to spray meth after the supercharger, but likely won't, as an FMIC and CO2 sprayer on the intercooler should be fine.
So you want to P&P the blower, P&P the head and add a 100 shot of nitrous, plus some meth, all on a custom MP62 setup to fit the LD9, while making the whole setup able to run a FMIC, and then spray the intercooler with CO2?

I think you're going a little overboard here.

I think you'd be better of spending the money once, doing the work once and and getting your desired results quicker by going with a 3076R. You already have the built engine, and a very simple setup would put you easily into the low-mid 12's. Plus, you really don't need the intercooler sprayer. Get yourself a good sized core that will fill that bumper right up and you'll be just fine keeping the charge temps down. You can even still keep the meth injection and turn up the boost a little more while staying on pump gas.

I know you like the superchargers, but you're trying to push too much out of them to get to where you want to be. There comes a time when you have ask yourself if you're doing too much just because you want that certain setup to work, especially when something different will get you the same results easier and leave you room to turn up the wick some more.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #30
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i have to agree ^^^^^ don't waste your money on the m62 project if you are eventually gonna go turbo, and who cares what generation the maggie is, it still sucks in comparison with a turbo on the effeciency scale......and if you do stay supercharger, why is it that almost all of the hardcorse cobalt/redline guys immediately looked at a whipple/tvs upgrade?

and all this talk of 12s and low 13s, you haven't even made it in to the 13s yet.......
Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #31
[ion] C2
636 whp

I already have the MP62, and all the parts. I can get the MP62 manifold done for cheap or free.

I have zero money coming in.. so it's hard to buy a bunch of turbo parts. I mean... I could find a way to get the basic setup using that .48/.42 Garrett, as almost everything I need only puts me at around $500.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #32
Oldsman
Owner

Chris, like i said, if you want to do the s/c setup to be different, more power to you. But be happy with whatever results you get at the track.