AndyT3
GL Member

AndyT3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AndyT3 Send a message via Yahoo to AndyT3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentiac View Post
My favorite part:

"Our customer support staff is here 24/7 to help"

I'm gonna call them at 3 am and ask if putting 3 of these in series will give me 900 hp.... lol

You totaly should lmao

FQuick - updated all the time
AndyT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #22
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
No.

No. IAT is not used for VE adjustments. It's used for spark, and it only subtracts spark (and only when IAT is very hot).

Here's a fun thread about IAT resistors: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...0&t=439975&p=1
Yes I am aware that is ONE of the functions of the IAT.

While that was a quite interesting read....I didn't see where anyone either proved or disproved anything throughout all that banter. Was simply a bunch of people batting their opinions back and forth.

Do you have a technical reference? I don't. Only thing I saw in there as any attempt from anyone to show proof of anything was you posting a screenshot of your tuning options showing where spark could be retarded based on IAT vs MAP. However, nobody showed where it is proven not to add fuel.

However, my statement in the earlier thread was made when I was about 50% of knowledge of the capabilities of the PCM and sensors, and it was what I had learned elsewhere at multiple sources, and by a (at the time) reputable tuning source.

Here's a couple of examples but by no means all:
http://www.60degreev6.com/content/IAT_Resistor_Mod
http://www.qcwo.com/technicaldomain/...vs-real-chips/

.....all having references to adding more fuel.

While I do know what values are available to be modified in the available tuning software, I do not believe that ALL values used in calculations in a PCM/ECM are made visible for modification.

I will remain neutral on the subject of IAT's effect on calculations of fuel until someone shows me an absolute no-bullshit list of every formula used for calculation of fuel in a PCM.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #23
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
actually... they are 5 for $0.99

Even better.

You could make $100 for every $1 you spend

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #24
Adam507
GX Member

Adam507 is on a distinguished road
i hate to admit this but i bought one, hooked it up and yes it firmed up the shifts, it pulled thru the gears a little stronger, engine sounded healthier, but my mileage went to hell and if i didnt put 90 or better gas in it would ping and trip the engine light. so out it came
Old 02-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #25
Adam507
GX Member

Adam507 is on a distinguished road
it (IAT, the "Tuner") absolutely affects timing, fuel trim, and the trans responded with what im guessing is higher line pressure, either way, ya total scam for the 25bucks they charged,

Last edited by Adam507 : 02-27-2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: had to add
Adam507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
go unplug your sensor and you get the same effect

it puts the car in limp mode, maxing trans pressure and other things.

i find it amazing that you can hear detonation, too. i have never discerned the sound. there's simply too many noises happening under heavy throttle to hear "pinging" to me
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote