Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Spray, seats, stuff.

Well, I'm sprayin.

Methanol, that is. Well, technically Blue Coral -20° windshield washer fluid since I couldn't find any local methanol too quickly. It's 35% methanol 65%ish water. Good enough.

Yes, spraying water into my engine! zomg hydrolock! Heheh.

Also installed some seats. Most pain in the ass tedious thing I've ever done on this car. Takata harnesses go on next week if all goes as planned.

Oh, also got a transmission cooler to fill mah bumper.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Those seats are awesome!!! Nice choice of color, not to fancy! I like!

Does that meth spray kit really makes a difference? I gotta maybe consider that on the long run.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i think i've asked before.... but i can't remember. is there any easy way to replace the seat belts themselves with a different color?

i'd like black seat belt straps... but i don't want to dye the current ones.. incase it bleeds out of the fabric... i/passangers end up with 2 black lines across their clothing = fail.

how much did those seats run? ... for the pair?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
@cherrington17: Not really... working at Takata I know the seat belt assemblies are annoying as hell to work with. I mean, you could probably do it, but I'm not familiar with the retractors and disassembly/reassembly capabilities. The seats were like $320 I think... I got them used over 6 months ago, they retail for $250 each I think.

@Vinalero: Roots blowers live off meth... I haven't done anything since I've installed it really besides one pass of tuning. Need to tune once more to get the AFR dialed in perfectly and then I can do a 0-60 run and then the quarter mile next week.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
What kinda horsepower gain with the windshield washer fluid?
Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Nice! Those seats are niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice and i usually dont like aftermarket seats cause i dont think they would flow nice with the rest of the interior....but those look good.

Keep up the good work bro!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

@lonnie: Don't know, don't care. I'm about 1/4 mile. It chills the intake charge and raises the octane so I can tune spark advance more aggressively.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
@cherrington17: Not really... working at Takata I know the seat belt assemblies are annoying as hell to work with. I mean, you could probably do it, but I'm not familiar with the retractors and disassembly/reassembly capabilities.

i wouldn't trust its safety if it was disassembled and reassembled anyway. so i wonder if the whole thing comes out and can be replaced with something different.

what would be the point of redoing an interior.. and still have seatbelts that dont' match at all????
Old 03-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

Oh, yeah, you can buy like Schroth 4 point harnesses that have retractors so it's comfortable and functional.

The stock pewter interior belts flow with pretty much any color, but my Takata harnesses are going to be green.. lol. Everyone recognizes the "Takata green."
Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

i wouldn't.

i say yoru gay for having green seat belts.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i wouldn't.

i say yoru gay for having green seat belts.

BLUE! BLUE! BLUE!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
Takata greens ftw
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Oh, yeah, you can buy like Schroth 4 point harnesses that have retractors so it's comfortable and functional.

why would i want 4 point harnesses... when i don't have 4 points to secure it to?

racing belts in a stock car w/o proper anchor points ftl
Old 03-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
why would i want 4 point harnesses... when i don't have 4 points to secure it to?
Of course you do... newb. Well the retractors you have to add mounting plates, but with the Takatas you secure the upper two belts to the existing rear seat buckle bolts, and the front side belts to the existing belt bolts.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
^^ She needs to take off that seatbelt

Is the windshiel wsher trick worth it on NA cars? I read about that a long time ago in a rice mag

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

Not really.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

yeah.... seems very.... unsecure.

your mounting your restraints to something that will also be moving in the accident? pretty dumb. seatbelts are suppose to be anchored to rigid points. like our B pillar is, and roll cages are.

all those 4 points do is give the appearance of safety.. while not really adding anything.

and your seriously going with bright green seatbelts, in a car thats bright red, w/ gunmetal accents....

your gonna look like a fool!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #18
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
No seatbelts FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
yeah.... seems very.... unsecure.

your mounting your restraints to something that will also be moving in the accident? pretty dumb. seatbelts are suppose to be anchored to rigid points. like our B pillar is, and roll cages are.

all those 4 points do is give the appearance of safety.. while not really adding anything.
What? They are. What did you miss? You connect the 4 point harnesses to the existing mounting locations. How did you come up with the blanket statement of all four point harnesses aren't any safer? Did you work at Takata or Autoliv or TRW?

Quote:
and your seriously going with bright green seatbelts, in a car thats bright red, w/ gunmetal accents....

your gonna look like a fool!
They only come in green. And they're Takatas, the best harnesses there are. Everyone knows about them... besides you.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
U see any difference with that tranny cooler? I was lookin into that a while back
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote