Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #41
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
i thought you were a 5 speed? i've been running a tranny/oil cooler combo for 3 yrs, i bypassed the factory cooler and i run 25% more line pressure, shifts are firm and very quick, tranny temps run about 180-190 during very hot days, makes a world of difference.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #42
dragon8807
GL Member

dragon8807 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dragon8807
looks good ion, i want to get me a set of seats like that, the takata greens will look good once you get them in
05 impreza 2.5rs 5spd - current car
dragon8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #43
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Of course you do... newb. Well the retractors you have to add mounting plates, but with the Takatas you secure the upper two belts to the existing rear seat buckle bolts, and the front side belts to the existing belt bolts.

MOM!???

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #44
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
@Vinalero: Roots blowers live off meth...

I disagree, but in your case I don't think you have a choice.....
Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #45
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabartram View Post
i thought you were a 5 speed? i've been running a tranny/oil cooler combo for 3 yrs, i bypassed the factory cooler and i run 25% more line pressure, shifts are firm and very quick, tranny temps run about 180-190 during very hot days, makes a world of difference.

What do you mean by 25% more line pressure?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #46
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Means he upped the values in the shift pressure tables by 25%. I upped mine and shortened the shift time.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #47
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
Means he upped the values in the shift pressure tables by 25%. I upped mine and shortened the shift time.

yes, and i changed shift time to .002 seconds. i had a performance setting switch installed with "special" settings for racing, but when i started my programming over i disabled that and worked with the shift times and pressures.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #48
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

are you going to run the tranny cooler independently or in series with the factory cooler? is it a 2 or 4 row cooler?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:30 AM   #49
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
are you going to run the tranny cooler independently or in series with the factory cooler? is it a 2 or 4 row cooler?
In a series like you're supposed to. If you look at the picture, it's a 6 row. Might not be evident but it can clearly be seen it's more than 4 lol.
Quote:
yes, and i changed shift time to .002 seconds. i had a performance setting switch installed with "special" settings for racing, but when i started my programming over i disabled that and worked with the shift times and pressures.
.002 seconds? Wishful thinking. There's no way it could shift that quick. Mine are all set around .100 sec.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #50
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i think i've asked before.... but i can't remember. is there any easy way to replace the seat belts themselves with a different color?

i'd like black seat belt straps... but i don't want to dye the current ones.. incase it bleeds out of the fabric... i/passangers end up with 2 black lines across their clothing = fail.

Just use some from a Grand Am.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #51
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

But not the "max pressure" which is set to 90 for stock, right?

The 2001 program I use has base pressure table settings higher in first gear than the stock 1999 program, but the trannys were upgraded in later years, I believe. I keep it stock and leave the torque management in, too, but switch it to max pressure via a terminal at the PCM (for racing only). For some reason my tranny does not like tweeks to those tables, so I gotta go with what works, while it works.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #52
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

Quote:
In a series like you're supposed to. If you look at the picture, it's a 6 row. Might not be evident but it can clearly be seen it's more than 4 lol.

.002 seconds? Wishful thinking. There's no way it could shift that quick. Mine are all set around .100 sec.

ive been running a 4 row for 3 yrs without issue independently, im sorry i was wrong, its .02 the minimum setting the software allows. now i apologize for taking up the gurus time.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #53
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

tranny death shall ensue.....lol

that CANNOT be the orig tranny, srsly
Old 03-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #54
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
ive been running a 4 row for 3 yrs without issue independently, im sorry i was wrong, its .02 the minimum setting the software allows. now i apologize for taking up the gurus time.
Trying to make shit out of absolutely nothing. Nice. All I said was that you can see in the picture the pipes run more than 4 times through the fins.. and that .002 second shift time value wouldn't do anything but make the trans shift as fast as it possibly can (but definitely not be .002 sec).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
tranny death shall ensue.....lol

that CANNOT be the orig tranny, srsly
why can no one ever believe the 4T40E's capability
Old 03-27-2009, 10:56 PM   #55
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
Quote:

why can no one ever believe the 4T40E's capability

because its not a race car, hell mines slipping
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #56
[ion] C2
636 whp

You have a 4T45E.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #57
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
You have a 4T45E.

that added an extra 5 of CRAP
Old 03-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #58
[ion] C2
636 whp

Ya not sure what they did but they messed it up big time, ha. The 4T40E is typically solid up to around 325 tq.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #59
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ya not sure what they did but they messed it up big time, ha. The 4T40E is typically solid up to around 325 tq.

Solid... with what modifications?

Honestly, it's not only that we think you're trying to put too much power through it, but doesn't it also have nearly 200,000 miles on it.
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #60
[ion] C2
636 whp

The stock modification... You can build it to hold 500-600 tq by putting in blue plate clutch packs, an LSD insert, new pump/filter, etc. But stock the automatic 4T40E is a lot more strength than all of you 4T45E owners seem to think.