Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-02-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
wombatslayer
GX Member

wombatslayer is on a distinguished road
Rpm's jumping around.. HELP

In park sometimes the car's rpm's jump around. First it goes like it wants to stall. Then it pick back up, then it drops and so fourth. Another thing is that it's loosing coolant. Fast. Either it's a head gasket or it's just a leak. But for the jumping of the rpm's is it because I should clean the mas airflow sensor? My filter fell off of my cai. For an unknown amount of time. Maybe dirt got sucked in and the airflow sensor is all messed up? That would be my only guess. That or it's the head gasket and coolant is in with my oil.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
Idle air controle v possibly rpms jump up and down and then is it throwing a missfire code at all? Mine did that and then it went away and it was just rpms jumpin after that replaced it and havnt had any problems since
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatslayer View Post
In park sometimes the car's rpm's jump around. First it goes like it wants to stall. Then it pick back up, then it drops and so fourth. Another thing is that it's loosing coolant. Fast. Either it's a head gasket or it's just a leak. But for the jumping of the rpm's is it because I should clean the mas airflow sensor? My filter fell off of my cai. For an unknown amount of time. Maybe dirt got sucked in and the airflow sensor is all messed up? That would be my only guess. That or it's the head gasket and coolant is in with my oil.

And with ur coolant issue check ur hosses and all and when u change ur oil id look at it and see if theres coolant in it or not car been running warm lately?
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
check for milk in oil, if it was plain leaking you would see it under car. Another possibility is that your LIMG in bad, which is a common problem for pre-2003 3400 aleros
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
wombatslayer
GX Member

wombatslayer is on a distinguished road
It's difficult to look for leaks with all this snow. I just really hope it's something inexpensive. And no, temperature is running normal.