Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Some appearance ideas - opinions?

Hey everyone. I started using photoshop today so this is a pretty rough picture i know but I just wanted to get some opinions about the appearance stuff that I am adding to the car. I only have one picture so far but I will be adding more as I get a chance to do them.
Any input and advice is welcome and I can take criticism so feel free to dish it out.

Pic 1

So for the first pic I am planning on getting tint all around (except for windshield because that is apparently illegal here in canuck country) at about 20%, tinting the headlights after clearing the corner and adding the olds rocket decal on both sides.

Now with the clearing of the corners, if I'm gonna tint the lense, should I bother painting the bezel black? and noob question but should the tint go on the outside or the inside of the lens?

Pic 2

With the decal, On the left side of the car is fine but if I'm gonna mirror that on the right side of the car then it would be backwards. Do you guys think that would look alright or should I try something else.

Thanks for the help guys

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Vella's Alero
GL Member

I want to keep a mainly stock look for now because funds are tight.

Will soon post some ideas about the taillights and also the interior. Any ideas on that would be great. Thanks

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Old 09-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Just my opinion!

Tint always look good when done right.

If you tint the headlights I hope you tint the tails as well or it will just look funny to me. Tint goes on the out side of the light.

Not feeling the giant olds symbol on the side of the car.

Car looks good though! I like that color reminds me of the grand am I had!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Thanks lonnie.
Unfortunately, tinting the tails is illegal here too. Which sucks cause I wanted to get some LED tails done with just a black lens but no can do.

Now I kind a like having a decal on the side but I dont want anything too obnoxious thats why I went with the olds symbol. any other suggestions on that?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vella's Alero View Post
Thanks lonnie.
Unfortunately, tinting the tails is illegal here too. Which sucks cause I wanted to get some LED tails done with just a black lens but no can do.

Now I kind a like having a decal on the side but I dont want anything too obnoxious thats why I went with the olds symbol. any other suggestions on that?
I'm not a really big decal guy....so I'm sure others will chime in on that, but to me its just so plain...no flare to it. I would recommend getting some of the aleromod.com decals that are pretty discreet but add that touch you may want.

As far as the tails you might be able to get a way with a light tinting, and if you plan on doing the headlights anyway which is illegal too, then I can't see the problem. Do you want to tint the headlights or put shades on them? Shades are cool because you can remove them if you get stopped.

Good Luck!
Old 09-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Vella's Alero
GL Member

never thought of shades. Are they readily available for aleros? and where can I find the aleromod.com decals?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
No vinyl.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
you should be able to smoke your tailights maybe the OPP are more sticky on that then the mounties in Alberta, theres so many people with smoked lights out here and I haven't heard of anyone getting a ticket for them yet. I'm not really feeling the decal either, maybe if done ghost style it will look better.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Do a search on the internet for auto ventshades....there are a few brands out there.

Here's an example:
http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=11...686+11920+9406
Old 09-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #10
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Thanks for the link lonnie. I think I'll go with the shades for now and if I dont get pulled over for them then I wil prob tint them later for a better look.

From the few responses I think I'll take out the decal too...lol.

Abhelirazor - I know the OPP are really strick about things like that but I think I'm gonna just try the shades cause those I can just take off if they do pull me over and like I said ...if I dont get pulled over then I'll premanently smoke them later

thanks for the inputs so far. Any other ideas for the exterior?

Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
a big ass sticker on the side of your car=FAIL and real gay and real stupid
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Okay...so side decal= Epic fail...got it...will soon have some up without it...now what about something on the rear glass? something similar? or maybe oldsmobile on the windshield at the top (not too big though) and then Alero at the back or something along those lines? does that still = fail?...lol

Old 09-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
how bout a custom cat back, or an air intake?
Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
Sennema
GX Member

Sennema is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks lonnie.

Just some input from a fellow Ontarian... you are allowed to tint your front windshield and tail lights. Windshield you need I think 16" visible in the center... I had both top and bottom done on my Eclipse when I owned it. Also you are allowed to tint your tail lights just gotta be careful how dark you go... same deal on the headlights... the light just has to project a certain distance... I think it needs to be visible from 100m away. Unless your area of Ontario has bi-laws in place against it... but here near London it's legal. I drove for 2 years with tint on my windshield, and for 6 months with tint on the tail lights of my sunbird before I scrapped it.

Sennema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #15
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Thanks Sennema thats good to know because I can't find any covers for the alero tailights...lol. I might just go to a local junkyard and pick up some head and tail lights so I have the swap ins just in case.

Abhellrazor - I already have a pacesetter exhaust system that I am looking at but it has dual exhaust and if I'm gonna do it I want to save up and do it right by making another cut out in the bumber so it looks clean and not sure how to do that yet but I'll prob post a thread or use the SEARCH button when the time comes for it.
as for the intake, I'm leaning towards WAI in a few weeks but I'm also not throwing out the idea between a convertible cai to wai.

tail light ideas coming soon!

Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Alright, so I took the decal = fail advice and took it off.

Tint on the windows is a go at 20% (minus windshield).

Now for the rear end.

Pic 1

This is with tinted tailights. Is this too much tint to be legal? Sennema, whats your opinion (since you are a fellow ontarian...lol)

Pic 2

I also thought about painting the tailights. the design would be somewhat similar to this so all lights are still visible. but to do this I would not tint the headlights and instead just clear the corners and possibly paint the bezels black of even the gold body colour.
what do you guys think of the bexel colour? should I go body colour or should I just go black?

Thanks for the help everyone! this is really helpful!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #17
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
i personally like number 1 MUCH better than number 2.
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
candy painted alero
GX Member

candy painted alero is on a distinguished road
id pretty much stay away from headlights unless u tint them black ive painted the lens on one set and the chrome on the inside green on both sets and i was pulled over once every day for a week lol but all were warnings so it was cool it turned the color of the light projected green so they werent cool with that
candy painted alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Big decals and symbols on stock cars are ugly....you will regret it in the future trust me.

Do some performance mods instead. Then as for appearance get a razzi spoiler and some rims. Trust me cars look stupid with big symbols of the make or model of the vehicle.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #20
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks Sennema thats good to know because I can't find any covers for the alero tailights...lol. I might just go to a local junkyard and pick up some head and tail lights so I have the swap ins just in case.

There you go bud: http://cgi.ebay.ca/OLDSMOBILE-ALERO-...d=p3286.c0.m14
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote