Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-26-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
FartCannonAlero

leaks and shit..

ok so ive been having some tiny blots being left in my parking spot...and one looks like the coolant, and im not exactly sure what the other is..now i checked around the engine and i see a little bit of coolant puddled up by the tranny cap..does this mean im going to be spending an arm and a leg on new lines and have a worry that my engine is fking up sometime soon? if this is the case im gonna off the car and get something different..
Old 09-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
check your clamps around you main coolant lines 1st. Some lines can be replaced by yourself. For the other blots you need to smell them or something. Clear and odorless might just be condesation from A/C

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
comanche
V.I.P. Member

comanche is an unknown quantity at this point
When's the last time you replaced your LIM? Check the condition of your oil.
comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #4
FartCannonAlero

ok ill check the clamps...and its not the AC condensation, i dont think ive ever used the AC, i always roll the windows down..

and just what is a LIM? my oil level is right where it should be, i keep right on that
Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #5
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
lower intake manifold. is your oil discolored? If it looks like a chocolate milkshake its a problem. Just check to be sure that it is normal color, and not chunky, also check your coolant level.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #6
bigd6983

yea if its puddling up in that little area on ur tranny next to the cap its going to most likely be your lower intake manifold gasket (LIM)....thats a normal place for it to leak........
Old 09-27-2006, 11:18 PM   #7
FartCannonAlero

alright, and is that expensive to fix?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #8
FartCannonAlero

sorry for double post...
coolant level was low for a bit, but i filled it back up..i know that its leaking somewhere...i just cant figure out where.. the oil doesnt look like milkshake either..

im close to selling the car too, ive been looking into a 96 eclipse gs-t so if anyone would maybe want my car shes gonna be for sale here
Old 09-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #9
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
Mine was the LIM, puddled right up on the right side by the cap. It was about $500 to get it fixed. Luckily it was covered under warranty for me.

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
alerored04
GLS member

check the hood liner over the belts for coolant spray from a bad water pump.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #11
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FartCannonAlero View Post
sorry for double post...
coolant level was low for a bit, but i filled it back up..i know that its leaking somewhere...i just cant figure out where.. the oil doesnt look like milkshake either..

im close to selling the car too, ive been looking into a 96 eclipse gs-t so if anyone would maybe want my car shes gonna be for sale here

I love this part....My car is leaking, I don't know why...anyone wanna buy it? haha j/k Cannon Any luck with it yet?

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:28 AM   #12
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
your gonna go from an alero to a POS DSM? Good luck with that one! DSM's well, lets just say from experience a pain in the ass. Good luck though.

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #13
FartCannonAlero

well i was planning on selling it anyways cause ive always liked DSM's
and for the leaks im getting it all checked out here to see what kind of problems im having, im guessing that it is the LIM..

im gonna fix it all before i sell it, and im getting the new car this week so i might hold on to the ho for the winter..lots of thinking to do here
Old 10-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #14
alerored04
GLS member

selling an alero because of reliability issues and then buying a DSM seems a little oxymoronic to me.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #15
acold7dusta

also check out ur power steering fluid
Old 10-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #16
eag182
V.I.P. Member

eag182 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was on a long trip about a month ago and my coolant dumped out into a sheetz parking lot...turned out to be an Oring on the coolant cap. My lim still leaks, but more gradually.

Fingers crossed somebody steals my car so I don't have to keep putting up with this ****!
eag182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #17
shackney
GL Member

shackney is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to shackney
mine was leaking i pulled out my overflow tank and it was cracked..so i did a jb weld on it for the day so i can get to a junkyard tom. to get new tank
Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 AM   #18
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd bet on the LIM gasket. Everything was fine til i parked the car and as soon as i turned off the engine, coolant puked everywhere. I was out of town and felt as long as i put in enough coolant to get me home, i would be straight. 5 minutes into the trip back home, car overheats. Checked the coolant tank, bone dry. When the engine cooled off, started off down the road til it heated again. A 30-minute trip turned into 2 hours. Got home, put in some water, took it to the shop. The repeated overheating warped the heads and they had to be resurfaced.

Beware if the car begins to overheating
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #19
FartCannonAlero

oh yeah, ive had experience with that when i had my cavalier, it was something mixed with the water pump, and with the z24 model of the cavaliers thats a complete bitch to fix..i gave it to the tech center down the road for the kids to rooster with and they still havent gotten it done. haha

ive checked the orings and connections and they are all good, but internally i think something might be going wrong, hopefully it wont be too expensive to fix