Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
hurstalero
GX Member

hurstalero is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased a set of 1.75" lowering springs for my 2002 Alero a year ago and they are great. However after I had them installed they made squeaking/knocking noises when driving around. I tried putting silicone spray on the strut boots but it really did not help. I was wondering if the stock strut boots are rubbing on the spring now that the suspension travel has been altered. What do I need to do as fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need to buy new struts with a smaller circumference dust boot? Dow I need to get new struts that are made for the lowering springs? Help!!

Weber
Daily Driver http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/537877 Modifications: window tint, front and rear strut tower braces, Sprint lowering springs, Magnaflow muffler, SLP air temperature module, mesh grill, Sylvania Silverstar bulbs, Street Glow bulbs, MAP Enineering exhaust heat shield,Doctor Speed Stage 2 short ram intake, and a K&N cone filter.

Project http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/518009
hurstalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #2
a2k
GX Member

a2k is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the same problema! im goign to pick up a new set of kyb struts this weekend and hoping this helps! i also saw on kyb's website they have 'Lower Spring Seat Insulator' for the oldsmobile alero -- i called RSM racing here in Toronto and they said 5-6 weeks to order the insulators.. kinda sucks.. so my plan is to put in the new struts + the seat insulators and hope they work...

i have intrax alero springs (measured 1.6" drop) on stock struts right now..

i remeber there was a discussion thread on kyb struts and them not sitting right on this board a long time ago -- does anyone have a link to the thread?

any other ideas as to what is causing this?

thx.
a2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
It's prob the sturts. When they get old and you lower the car they squeak a lot.

I had the same problem, but KYB's fixed that right up.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote