Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #21
Alero2k4
GL Member

Alero2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
I went 15% on the tint and I love it, sometimes it is a LITTLE bit dark(at night), but I realize that down in Utah you have inspections and they are biotches about violations, so stick to the law down there...
Old 03-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #22
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
I have 5% on the back and side 1/4 windows, then 35% on driver and passenger window, and a 5% visor stripe.

That is the most i can tint my driver and pass. window here in AZ but I could go to 2.5% on the rest of the windows, although I think that is to dark for driving at night (which I do a lot).

The tint definitely makes a big difference and if your worried about the laws check this link out for the window tint laws in your state!

Hope this helps!
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #23
Str33tRacer

if i lived in arizona i would tint my windows way dark. either way u could roll down the windows if u needed, lol. tint should be first, next to wheels and Auxilerly....sp* lighting
Old 03-24-2006, 10:13 PM   #24
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^ trust me... I have thought of going 2.5% side 1/4 windows and rear window,with 5% Driver and Pass. Windows and 2.5% visor strip!

The only problem is if I drive home (Illinois) the cops would bust me all the way home :shout:
Old 03-25-2006, 12:46 AM   #25
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I think the limit in Indiana is 10%, but I was thinking a 5% strip on the windsheild, and 20% for the rest... the only place that does it here charges like $200 to get the job done.... not sure if I wanna spend that much.... Is that a good reasonable price?????
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:05 AM   #26
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

^ Actually here is the tint law for Indiana from the link that I posted above....

Windshield-----------> 30% Film
Driver and Pass.-----> 30% Film
Side 1/4 Windows---------> ANY
Back Window---------> 30% Film

Note : Darker tint is allowed for medical reason only as attested to by medical doctor or eye doctor.

Enforcement Note : Out-of-state motorist can be ticketed for being in violation of IN tint law but are usually left alone. Law enforcement usually enforces the tint law on the front side windows. Most law enforcement do not know that the rear-back window is included in the law. Some local towns will fine motorist $200 for violation as well as requiring them to fix it.

Hope this helps....
Old 03-25-2006, 11:24 PM   #27
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
in mi you can tint your back windows as dark as you want you just need 2 side mirors and the drivers and passengers you can have a 4 in strip as dark as you want.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:25 AM   #28
gutlesschimp

Stupid illinois laws
Old 03-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #29
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Really???? only 30%???? That's crappy... Most people though do 20% here, and no one gets in trouble... My brother's old truck had 20% and never got in trouble.... even when I hit that kid on his bike. haha Long Story..
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #30
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gutlesschimp@Mar 25 2006, 10:25 PM
Stupid illinois laws

LOL...They (Illinois) has one good advantage though; If you can convince an eye doctor that the sun "hurts" your eyes and get him to write an exemption then the DOT will allow you to tint ALL your windows below the legal limit!!!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #31
BRalero01

Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero@Mar 22 2006, 02:24 PM
IMHO, don't do anything...save your money and use it for something worthwhile instead of wasting it on a car

don't spend money on it? why are you here then man?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:16 PM   #32
Coldfire
GL Member

Coldfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Menace@Mar 22 2006, 06:08 PM
Dont forget the huge window banner that adds a minimum of 10 hps

Manners what your into, if your into audio then id say do a whole sound system.

Performance: Cai, Exhaust, PCM

Visual: Tint, Rims, Lowered, Bodykit maybe?

Just my 10 cents

Ditto. It totally depends on what you want
appearance, sound, performance?
Coldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #33
slvrdrgn
GX Member

slvrdrgn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to slvrdrgn Send a message via Yahoo to slvrdrgn
I totally agree with Coldfire. What are you looking for? Show or go? If you want show, I would go with tint first cuz it's cheap. I am actually getting ready to do mine this weekend.
slvrdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote