Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-16-2006, 09:39 PM   #21
tonkpils
GX Member

tonkpils is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to tonkpils
yeah it was fast,,i have A.D.D. so i have to do things while im thinking about it or ill forget,,lol

Clarion VRX775VD
Eclipse 21010 Indash EQ
Zapco I 6.2 comps
Memphis M-Class 6x9's
Treo SSi 12.22 x 2
JL Audio A1800 on subs
JL Audio 300/4v2 on comps
Optima Yellowtop and Big 3 upgrade
tonkpils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:57 AM   #22
nickgonzo
GX Member

nickgonzo is an unknown quantity at this point
So what speakers are you going to end up using?
nickgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #23
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

violentrapture is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to violentrapture
I'm sticking with the Treo SSi subs and CDT HD-62s. I have the Satnet-560 crossovers - gonna try some ID NX30 tweeters that're on the way first and see how they sound on there, heard some really good things about them and the DRT-25 isn't quite what I'm looking for. The HD-6 mid really impresses me though, got the front high passed at roughly 70Hz right now.

~vR
Old 05-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #24
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally posted by violentrapture@May 17 2006, 01:24 AM
lol, pretty deep - I have about 30 film cameras (probably 100 lenses or so) ranging from P&S to medium/large format Contax and Mamiyas as well as several (10 or 15) digitals ranging from P&S to my babies, a Canon 5D and Nikon D200. My snatch 'n grab kit usually has a an old DTL-1000 and Fuji s9000 in it, with a few prime lenses for the 35 (28mm, 50mm, 85mm, 135mm) and a telephoto. I really like the s9000 as a digital - fixed lens that does 28-300 in 35mm equiv. Only thing I don't care for is not being able to do hyperfocal (f/8 is the smallest).

One of my favorites to shoot with is a Holga though... I got addicted to toy cameras awhile back - only problem is waiting for development since nowhere local does roll film.

If you're looking for a flash unit and are into macro, I use the R1C1 package on my D200 and it's amazing.
For a general flash unit, look at the SB-600 and SB-800. I'm more of a Canon than Nikon fan though and don't keep too much up to speed with them (USM L lenses... nothing like them)

~vR

The S9000 is a very nice camera. I have a friend that owns one. My primary use for the 7000 was macro shooting. It will focus up to 1cm away at F2.8 Much better than my Nikon kit lens at F5.8 at one foot. I haven't been able to play with the 105 much, but it has realy impressed me so far. http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1...&productNr=2160
What are your interests in shooting. Nature shots have been my thing for a while, but I want to get more into portraits in the future.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:54 AM   #25
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

I mainly do situational and object photography for my personal stuff - product and project for work.

heh, here're some of the prints from my last week and a half (yep, week and a half) of shooting:

Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 AM   #26
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Man, and i thought I was nuts for getting a Canon EOS 20D and not having any professional use for it.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:11 AM   #27
nickgonzo
GX Member

Quote:
Originally posted by violentrapture@May 17 2006, 06:50 AM
I'm sticking with the Treo SSi subs and CDT HD-62s. I have the Satnet-560 crossovers - gonna try some ID NX30 tweeters that're on the way first and see how they sound on there, heard some really good things about them and the DRT-25 isn't quite what I'm looking for. The HD-6 mid really impresses me though, got the front high passed at roughly 70Hz right now.

~vR

Active or passive?

Seeing as I just got this car, I've been looking at my options. I don't think I will buy a premade component set anytime soon. I guess you can call me a DIY convert. I've been eyeing those tweeter pods, and I just may go ahead and stick some tweets in them. (despite how much I have fallen in love with large format tweeters.. I wonder how some Vifa XT19s would look there :heehee: )

Given my options, I think I'm going to prolly go with a Seas midwoofer and some LPG tweets.

oops didnt mean to go off on a tangent, just thinking out loud here. I've never tried CDT specifically, but I have used various Vifa drivers in the past. IIRC the HD series woofer used to be based on the Vifa MG line. Or was it the ES series.. bah I've been out of the game for too long.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #28
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

Passive - I lack the experience, know-how and head unit to do active. :P

What HU are you going to be using?

Are you thinking of using the RW 165 as the mid? I've heard some really good things about it. Also I think the DLS Nobelium line used Vifa drivers didn't it?

I think you should use Scan-speak R2904 tweeters. <_<

~vR
Old 05-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #29
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally posted by violentrapture@May 18 2006, 06:54 AM
I mainly do situational and object photography for my personal stuff - product and project for work.

heh, here're some of the prints from my last week and a half (yep, week and a half) of shooting:

Good lord, my question is how you have the time for all your projects. I feel lucky to get a full weekend. I am not familiar with situational, but object photography sparks my interest. It is amazing how changing the lighting can have such a drastic affect on how we percieve ordinary things. My knowledge and use of flash photography is very limited. I am hoping to create a studio room in the near future just for this.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #30
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

lol yeah, I keep pretty busy - it's easier having a girlfriend that's out of town a lot (she's an account manager for a book company and has to fly to military bases every other week or so)

Helps too that I can come/go at work as I please - if I'm feeling creatively stumped I'll just leave, go do something different like work on my car, go take pictures, whatever, and come back.

Also I don't sleep much... 3-4 hrs on average - I should get a pic up of the empty packs of nodoz and empty cans of jolt laying around.

Situational is basically just candid photography - usually I'll spend a couple hours a day just driving/riding around town with a couple cameras and shoot everyday life kinds of things.

Lighting is of one of those things that takes a lifetime to get right - my biggest gain was using reflectors as far as studio and object (even outdoor macro) photography - get some small, collapsible white, silver and gold reflectors if you don't have any already. They're cheap (~$20/ea), and will make a world of difference.

Only problem is the funny look people give you when you're angling reflectors around something, then circling it on all fours twisting your CL-P trying to find the best angle from the sun. :P

~vR
Old 06-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #31
nickgonzo
GX Member

Quote:
Originally posted by violentrapture@May 18 2006, 08:03 AM
Passive - I lack the experience, know-how and head unit to do active. :P

What HU are you going to be using?

Are you thinking of using the RW 165 as the mid? I've heard some really good things about it. Also I think the DLS Nobelium line used Vifa drivers didn't it?

I think you should use Scan-speak R2904 tweeters. <_<

~vR

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.. been real busy w/ work and stuff.

Right now I have an Alpine 7995 from my breeze, but I think I'm going to go with the new Pioneer P880PRS in the near future.

I just got a pair of Dayton RS180 mids, I cant wait to try them out. They are damn sexy Too bad it only plays well up to 2khz. Eventually I am thinking of going with the Seas C18RNX mid and LPG 25NFA tweeter.

Anything scan-speak is out of my price range
Old 06-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #32
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

lol, I've been watching for a 880 to pop up for sale on the forums somewhere - joehemi had one not too long ago but I didn't see it before he sold it. Think one just might be replacing my 8445, not sure yet.

Speaking of expensive - you see the 4 ways hebrewhammer has up? Ridiculous... but I'd still sell my left nut for them.

~vR
Old 06-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #33
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

eh, said fuggit - got a 880 on the way - overnight shipping... hopefully they can get it out today and i get it tomorrow - if not, Monday.

rawr - if I keep it there'll be a CD8445 going up for cheap.

~vR
Old 06-09-2006, 01:40 AM   #34
nickgonzo
GX Member

copycat! ROFL jk.

I envy you. I need to save some cash to pay to register my car before I start buying audio goods. (except those daytons, that was very impulse heheh )

same name on ECA?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #35
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

lol, I posted about possibly switching to an 880 a few days ago. :P

Yup, same name on ECA (not very active on there other than browsing), CA, SiN, SD, icix (don't be hatin' on RE now!), etc.

I love me some forums!

~vR
Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #36
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
you're nuts man lol
Old 06-10-2006, 04:51 AM   #37
nickgonzo
GX Member

Yeah I'm on all of those as well lol, but I mainly vists DIYMA and ECA the most. I havent visited SD sicne I discovered ECA, CA has never really caught my attention. SIN is a great forum as well, but seems a little dead. icix has a sweet music forum

I was looking at the thread with the pics in your car, and we have the same car, lol. Well color at least, i guess its kinda rare?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #38
violentrapture
V.I.P. Member

I guess in some places it's kinda rare - there are quite a few that are green down here though - I just really like the color.

I like SD because a lot of people on there are in the DFW metroplex, so I can do local pickup on stuff for sale.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:37 PM   #39
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
nice setup mine is alot of old school with ppi older and alpine older amps but the newest headunit with hd fm

ps i do love my digital rebble xt but i want a good zoom lense for it. should i get one with is or not?
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote