Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-20-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
greenbastard
GL Member

greenbastard is an unknown quantity at this point
which bodykit?

I was wondering which bodykit I should go with. razzi or kato kombat. I want to know which one is easiest to put on because I want to do it my-self but I haven't done body work before. If I can get a bolt on or something that doesn't require molding it into the quarter panel that would be better.
greenbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
no matter what you get, it will require a lot of elbow grease.

The aas kato style kit is a replacement for the stock front and rear bumpers, while the razzi molds on to the stock bumpers.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
greenbastard
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naich View Post
no matter what you get, it will require a lot of elbow grease.

The aas kato style kit is a replacement for the stock front and rear bumpers, while the razzi molds on to the stock bumpers.

so you have brake out the bondo and mold it on the the stock bumper.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:02 PM   #4
elitecloud
GL Member

elitecloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to elitecloud
with the kato, you have to completly remove the bumpers and install the new ones

with teh razzi, you leave the stock ones on, the front bumper is held on by 2 sided tape, i belive the same with the back, also with the back you might have to cut the bottom of the bumper off a few inches...not sure tho

and the sides on the razzi are reveted on i belive...

:-D

2006 Toyota X-Runner
elitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
naich isnt completely correct when he says the razzi molds to the front bumper.

the razzi kit is a bumper cover kit that glues and screws over the exsisting bumper. so you dont actually remove the stock bumpers the razzi kit just fits over it.

and on the other hand the kato kit are full bumpers

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
greenbastard
GL Member

what about the side skirts???
Old 09-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
ok elite cloud is sorta correct........ you attatch the razzi bumper with high strength epoxy...... i woudlnt recommend 2sided tape..... and then your put afew screws in the kit in the wheel wells.

same thing with the skirts....... high strength epoxy and screws in the wheel wells

Old 09-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #8
SweetNLow
GLS member

razzi side skirts fit right over the existing side skirts..... not sure bout the kato but i think they fit over hte stock skirts as well

Old 09-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #9
greenbastard
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNLow View Post
ok elite cloud is sorta correct........ you attatch the razzi bumper with high strength epoxy...... i woudlnt recommend 2sided tape..... and then your put afew screws in the kit in the wheel wells.

same thing with the skirts....... high strength epoxy and screws in the wheel wells

what would you pick. I'm thinking razzi plus my buddy owns a store in Regina called Cubed Productions and he said they can order that kit.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #10
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
Look at both the kits and figure out which one YOU want

WhiteLiquid
whiteliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
SweetNLow
GLS member

here are a couple of cars with the razzi kit. personally the razzi is my favorite kit but my opinion is biased cuase thats what i have.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #12
greenbastard
GL Member

Did you do it yourself?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #13
whiteliquid
Defeat < Giving Up

whiteliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to whiteliquid Send a message via Yahoo to whiteliquid
dude brent do you ever miss the days of your ho being black...I like it a lil better that way...

kato--

WhiteLiquid
whiteliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #14
Naich
The Founder

Quote:
naich isnt completely correct when he says the razzi molds to the front bumper.

the razzi kit is a bumper cover kit that glues and screws over the exsisting bumper. so you dont actually remove the stock bumpers the razzi kit just fits over it.

and on the other hand the kato kit are full bumpers

Um, yeah I am right. It goes over the existing bumper. It doesn't replace the stock bumper. Call it gluing it on, or call it molding, whatever, that is what I meant.

But also, make a mental note that a stock razzi kit is not going to look like sweetnlow or sound_xtreme's kits because they actually molded them into the bumper to get rid of the lines. A stock razzi kit will still have lines between the stock parts and the razzi parts.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #15
SweetNLow
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naich View Post
Um, yeah I am right. It goes over the existing bumper. It doesn't replace the stock bumper. Call it gluing it on, or call it molding, whatever, that is what I meant.

But also, make a mental note that a stock razzi kit is not going to look like sweetnlow or sound_xtreme's kits because they actually molded them into the bumper to get rid of the lines. A stock razzi kit will still have lines between the stock parts and the razzi parts.

um ya you are wrong. like you said molding it on is what me and joel did. they are simply bumper covers.

i knew what you ment nick but the way you worded it made the kid confused

Old 09-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #16
Naich
The Founder

molding isn't an exclusive term. maybe it wasn't the best word choice. but it doesn't make it wrong.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #17
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
They both look good. If you get the Razzi you should do the molding required to get rid of the lines, it looks A LOT better that way.

The kombat kit looks good in the right instances, too, but if not done right it'll look really ricey (like the cars you usually see pictured in the kombat advertisements.)
clutch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #18
SweetNLow
GLS member

greenbastard- joel and i molded my razzi kit into the stock bumpers. its not difficult but you still need to know what your doing.

whiteliquid- sometimes i miss my car being black..... but it feels like a totally different car now that its orange. it just feels more "custom". plus i haven yet added the stripes i intend to put on the car so it will have a different look to it once i put them on.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:48 PM   #19
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
plus i haven yet added the stripes i intend to put on the car so it will have a different look to it once i put them on.
stripes are for fags
Old 09-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #20
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
But crooked red pinstripes on the other hand.. :P j/k
clutch1 is offline   Reply With Quote