Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
dirtyoldsmythe

Thumbs down

Hey guys, got another question for you's.

With the "nicer" weather i have been working on my car cleaning it and what not. Twice now i've left the radio on for 20 minutes or so and the battery will completley drain itself. I boost it and she runs fine.

I know with my other cavalier i could listen to the radio for hours. I have a 2000 Alero with the original AC Delco battery, could it be possible that its just getting old and doesn't have the same charge capacity as it should?

Thanks guys

Scott :gun2:
Old 05-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #2
black99alero
GX Member

black99alero is an unknown quantity at this point
I had that problem twice with the stock battery........the first time was because the posts were not screwed in tight enough and was making in drain and about 6 months later the posts actually ate the hole out of the battery and acid was all over!!!! So your best bet would be to replace the battery, just to be on the safe side
Old 05-01-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
dirtyoldsmythe

Thanks, thats sort of what i was thinking also too. Just five years old it seems sort of early for a battery replacement. My old cavalier stock battery lasted almost 9 years. Oh well !!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
Caffineboy

when the you have the music playing you need to make sure that the headlights are off. iv noticed on mine that they drain it SUPER fast if its not running...also if you have a system it will run it down in about an hour...mine ran it down in one hour with a Cap on the system. one thing you might try is just putting ur driving lights on (orange only)(its the middle switch on the bar) thats the only things i would think it could be.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:35 AM   #5
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
i had a battery that would run down like yours is and it boosted fine but after a few times the battery wouldn't hold charge from the alternater for more than a couple minutes... i had to replace it...

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:36 AM   #6
Alero04

get an optima yellow top battery. lasts forever basically...pricey but definitley worth the extra cash!