Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
leeselyn

hi all , its been a while since I have had to post here , but I need some help ..
well , my 01 Alero has been sitting in my driveway for 3 months now and sucked up hundreds of dollars , and still wont drive right.. There is something wrong with the steering , it is clunking , on knock right , one knock left , while sitting still or moving , it is loud now , I can feel it in the floor and wheels , WHAT IS IT ??? so far I have replaced all the tie rods , in and out , the hubs (both sides ) , pads and rotors , intermediate steering shaft and strut mounts , I am out of money and Ideas , the last time I took it , the car felt like the front end was going to fall off the shaking was bad , around corners , I dont know where else to look ,,, the rack maybe ? shouldnt there be some sort of warning before it goes ? or the axle? does anyone have any ideas ?? please , I am so upset with this car right now I am about to loose it ! thank you , sorry this is so long !
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
check to see if their are tears in the boots that cover your turning joints on the axel. If the boots have been torn open theirs a good chance all the grease is crap and theirs nothing lubricating the turning joints. if you live somewhere that gets snow and lots of road salt than you will probably need to replace both front axel units.
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Quote:
Originally posted by ryanthefizz@May 3 2005, 10:19 AM
check to see if their are tears in the boots that cover your turning joints on the axel. If the boots have been torn open theirs a good chance all the grease is crap and theirs nothing lubricating the turning joints. if you live somewhere that gets snow and lots of road salt than you will probably need to replace both front axel units.

You mean the CV Joint and thats what it sounds like to me. Its easier to change the whole shaft than the joint its self.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #4
ryanthefizz
GL Member

ryanthefizz is an unknown quantity at this point
yes the CV joints. yeah, its not a cheap or easy process either way if thats what it is.
ryanthefizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:46 PM   #5
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Try looking at your stabilizer bar and its bushings. That was making a popping/knocking noise on my car.