Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 09-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #41
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
its crazy, i read from the beginning to here, and im amazed by all the process you've made.... good job man
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #42
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Hmm u probably get this all the time blackjack, but when do u think you will be finished with the car????? and when are u getting that on a track?

And u expect to have around 450hp?? i think thats what u said on another thread. Oh and do u have any pics of your whole car....i wanna see that shitlol

I have to be honest, there will never be any such thing as "finished with the car". I'll probably always be upgrading, tuning, tweaking, modifying, until there is just no more speed to be had out of it in a street-legal state.

I expect that the engine will be capable of putting out 450hp and hold it, but I dont expect the transmission (the modified 4t45) to be able to hold for long. The transmission that will save the day will be the 4t65 once I get ready to tweak it all the way out, which I expect to happen next year. I'm letting ZZP handle all the details on that one, and it might even include a 4th gear delete.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:35 PM   #43
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Yea i knew u would say that, cause i know there isnt an end. but when do u think u will have that thing out on the track......cause i wanna know what it runs
Old 09-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #44
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I'm estimating a month out. I still have two weeks worth of fitment, adjustment, additional welding, etc., then I estimate more time beyond that for a very cautious tuning process. It would be easy to tune on a 5-6psi slap-on kit, but we're starting this out at 12psi (wastegate spring) and working it gradually up to 15-18psi range.

The track is also more than 1,000 ft elevation from where I'm building this, so that will take some extra time also. Nothing would suck worse than getting it all tuned correctly, then take it to the track and blow it to pieces. Sorry for the delays, but I'm not in any rush, which should prevent some costly errors.

Old 09-14-2006, 03:32 PM   #45
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Any pics of the whole car...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:48 PM   #46
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Yea i know what your sayin, better to take your time and do everything right then rush it. After all the work your puttin in u dont wanna eff it up, that would suck. What kind of car do u drive while workin on the alero?
Old 09-23-2006, 01:05 AM   #47
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

heh, sorry....I was busy and checked this thread then got called away and forgot to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
What kind of car do u drive while workin on the alero?
I drive the Alero while working on the Alero. I've been doing this as strategically as possible so that the car is never down for longer than a weekend.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #48
Orion

BlackJack, what have you done to the car to lighten it's overall weight. THe Alero seems to be a freaking lead sled. And we all know the more power and the less weight you have the faster the car will be overall. What have to you done to the interior, exterior, Rims, Tires, extra to better your times in the long run?
Old 09-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #49
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

first order of business is to see how fast we can get it running without stripping it down (full street trim). Then little by little, the power/luxury items are going bye-bye, starting with power seats, windows, ditching the A/C, power steering replaced with standard rack and pinion, etc. Eventually I'll have the interior components modified into quick-release/remove so that I can easily convert it from street to strip without losing all the daily comforts. We have extreme temperature variances here especially during fall and spring. It can easily go from a 95 degree day to a 40 degree night in one 24-hour span, so I'm not exactly eager to permanently remove everything. Lots of things will have to go away though to make way for the 12 point cage. I just have to be selective.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #50
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
any chance you are gonna have the car at HIN next weekend?

Last edited by HazMatt24 : 10-08-2006 at 05:59 PM.
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #51
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Not a chance in HELL.

1) I've still got extensive tuning to do and work the boost up as far as I can get it.
2) I HATE import cars.
3) I not into whores.
4) because of #'s 1-3, there's no reason to go.