Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #21
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
the best will be when he shears his wheel studs at the track LOL

or did you upgrade those too???
Old 09-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #22
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
hahaha yeah eh that'd be somethin to see
Old 09-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #23
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
wow ... deffinitely should have made the trip this weekend would be a sight to see ... I'm plannin' on making the trip sometime soon.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
thanks guys...lovin the motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtrydr View Post
wow ... deffinitely should have made the trip this weekend would be a sight to see ... I'm plannin' on making the trip sometime soon.
Probably good that you didn't......as you can tell, I wouldn't have had much time to BS around

crossover pipe now tacked up on the mock-up engine...

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #25
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
is that a flex piece in there??...i hope you plan on using something a lil more lasting? It looks like flexpipe for the qwik fix exhaust? Maybe a stainless flex piece from an import
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:21 PM   #26
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
actually, it is a flex piece and intentionally. It will outlast a solid piece because of the weight of the turbo (it's larger than normal) will put stress on the welds in a solid pipe application even with a brace. So it will work perfectly.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #27
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

i know its not supposed to be a solid piece...never said it was...but i did say that it will not last that long...meaning it will leak within 6 weeks to 6 months...take your pick....i meant to use a flex from an import car like a nissan stanza etc. with the woven braided flex made out of stainless

Old 09-09-2006, 02:34 AM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

not sure on that one, but the guy that's making them has been designing his own turbo headers/exhaust for a few years now on several different vehicles. He recommends it, so I guess I'll have to find out the hard way

Old 09-13-2006, 01:09 AM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Headers are now shipped, and I just need to finalize the setup with deciding on placement for the wastegate, and get the oil return line piped into the oil pan. Then we're ready to roll. These pics are of it mounted on a mock-up engine and yeah, that's an older 4t60 transmission in the pics.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:12 AM   #30
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
that looks soooo sick man......
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 AM   #31
mustang_killer
It's Shake 'n' Bake Time

mustang_killer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mustang_killer
Holy F**K, thats all I can say...... Wow.
mustang_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:23 AM   #32
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

do we have that much room for the downpipe??

Old 09-13-2006, 01:25 AM   #33
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

hope so, it was test fit into a GA since he didn't have an alero to go by when tacking them up. lets pray

btw jturkey....I didn't mean to sound like a rooster before. I sometimes leave out the details behind what I'm thinking. I dont think those headers would be a good idea for N/A due to runner diameters and final merged diameter. I think a little more flow restriction would be better suited to the scavanging effect on an N/A application. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a smaller diameter setup would be better for the non-turbo apps. That on top of...if I were making a header setup for N/A I would re-think the routing all together to prevent too much of a U-turn. that's why the GP's use a "U-bend delete" pipe.

Old 09-13-2006, 01:44 AM   #34
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

i agree, well the front bank would work..LOL, the guy did an awesome job, what size are the primaries?...it looks to be a 3" dp, and the clamps are first rate. i feel sorry for the trans, then after that is built, then it would be the tires...BTW, how familiar are you getting with the tuner

Old 09-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #35
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

heh, me too.....I've purchased a tranny that I think will hold quite a bit longer than my original, but we'll see.

I'm getting decent with the tuner so far. The concept isn't foreign to me, but some of the modifiers for the base tables can get tricky, especially if your engine is governed by more than two fuel modifying criteria at a time.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #36
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^Still amazed everytime I look at the progress on your car!

Now we can see how good you have gotten with the PT
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #37
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Your car is so figgin sweet. Got to see it sometime.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #38
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

not like I dont live nearly around the corner from you two....it's what....less than an hour from Tucson, and maybe 2 to 3 hours from Phoenix?

Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #39
burg03

well you are close to the,but you are faaaaaaar away from me
Old 09-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #40
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Hmm u probably get this all the time blackjack, but when do u think you will be finished with the car????? and when are u getting that on a track?

And u expect to have around 450hp?? i think thats what u said on another thread. Oh and do u have any pics of your whole car....i wanna see that shitlol