Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 04-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #21
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
E Mail sent earlier today with no response yet.

Its probably the bearing that had the discoloration due to heating it up. Im willing to bet on that actually...

We shall see. Also i thought it was a 90 day warranty but looking at the auction it just says "extended manufacturer warranty" with no time?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:57 PM   #22
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Well today we got problems.

My ABS, Tac OFF and service engine light all came on. So I know what that means.

Now to see how they handle that 90 day warranty, if they will. This is my only car. Cant let it sit while bearing are in transit...

Ryan, ever determine if it was accars bearing that went bad? I put 2 of theirs on mine a few months ago and now have the lights on again. Hope it is one of the rear ones that have 130,000 miles on them and not one of theirs. Guess I have to take it to the shop and have them read the computer to determine which one it is.
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #23
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

We need a clear cut definitive guide to the whole wheel bearing fiasco and it needs to be posted/stickied at the top of the FAQ, this is insane- really.

Now talking with the previous poster he mentioned to me they have updated axle nuts?

Also something about new wiring harness or soemthing for $200?

Ive gotten in my replacement from accars2006. I had to pay $48 for it to get to me, and when they receive my old bearing they are to credit me. We shall see.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #24
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I wish someone would narrow this crap down too. I need some help on this cause my lights are going crazy now after two yrs with nothing, and I have seen a few different answers. We need to know all the symptons, things to look for, things to listen for, the lights that go off, cost for parts, cost to fix, and a detailed how to...etc. Basically the whole sha bang.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #25
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Agreed.

The information is here, but scattered and lost between posts.

The initial post needs to be the definitive one, with all those below it for bickering...lol. If something new comes up, edit the first post to keep it clean.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #26
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
So are the bearings a good idea or not?
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #27
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
Yeah i m going to be replacing both mine next week or the next i found some also on there for a good price also
14alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #28
dbailey
GL Member

Yeap it would be nice if someone could summarize it if that is possible. I do know that the axle nuts have been revised and the mounting bolts have been too based on a TSB I think it is. Thought I got that from somewhere on here but don't recall where. The dealers sell 'em. I am taking mine to the dealer in the morning to have them run a diagnostics on it and that will tell what it is that is lighting up the instrument panel with those annoying idiot lights. The service guy told me that GM has come out with some sort of jumper harness that addresses one of the causes that the idiot lights come on and that it is not always the hub going bad that causes them to come on. The hub going bad typically puts off a grinding or growling sound indicating the bearing going bad. The lights going off in my opinion and I think they agree is more of an electrical issue with sensors or wires breaking down and either shorting out or something along those lines. If it is sensors, I think they are an integral part of the hub so ya gotta replace the hub to replace the sensor(s). Will post the results of my endeavour with the dealer tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #29
JerzeyBoy
GX Member

JerzeyBoy is on a distinguished road
i have a gx 2.2 cylinder and firestone replace (and ripped me off) for changing the the driver side bearing. i have seen maybe a 2mpg increase... but should i get the passenger side done as well?!? or should i just leave it...

are the bearings so problematic that they... with out doubt... will need to be replaced?
except for a air freshener

saving money like everyone else for future

mods
JerzeyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #30
dbailey
GL Member

I changed both of my fronts when one of them was bad since accars sold them in pairs. Lights went off and growling stopped and I'm hoping that my lights on now is not because of one of the fronts. I got at least 120,000 miles out of my fronts and am going on 130,000+ on the rears but the diagnostics test at the dealer tomorrow will tell if that's all I got out of them.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #31
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
dbailey - keep us posted on that cause that info could be very useful!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #32
dbailey
GL Member

Just got back from the dealer and that special jumper harness I mentioned before is what mine needs. There is a copper wire that runs thru the harness to the sensors and it was broken. The reason the lights come on intermittently is due to when the suspension is flexing it causes the broken wire to short or connect/disconnect. That is what throws the lights on and off. $356 to replace both of the front wiring harnesses that go to each hub. Has to be soldered so I just decided to bite it off and not attempt something like that myself. They said that when the lights are on, no ABS. When they are off, ABS. He said both sides looked pretty bad so I told him to go for it. Man! Oh well, you just can't put gas in 'em and drive 'em. Beats the heck out of a monthly car payment!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #33
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
Interesting. Good to know. I'll have to give my harnesses a good once-over when I get to that point in my overhaul. I'm curious where the "normal" failure point is in the harness.
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #34
dbailey
GL Member

Not sure where the break point is but it must be somewhere around where the harness goes to the hub because the mechanic said it is impacted by the flexing of the suspension. Hope this info helps those of us that have replaced hubs thinking that was THE reason the lights come on. I think most need to determine if the lights are coming on and going off intermittently that before you replace the hub assuming that is what it is that you verify that the harness hasn't got a break in one of the wires. The mechanic told me mine was a copper wire.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #35
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
I've had a grinding since i had my car. I had a Mechanic rip apart my whole front end and all he found was a Tie rod end. I think the mechanic was an idiot.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #36
dbailey
GL Member

Well hell guys! The freaking lights came back on. Gonna take it back to the dealer Monday and thank them for replacing the harnesses free of charge or replacing whatever else it is that has caused the flipping lights to come back on. I don't care that the harnesses looked bad and needed to be replaced anyway. There may have been nothing wrong with them YET. I'm hoping they maybe didn't reset the computer but I drove it like 50+ miles and they didn't come on and then I pull out of a parking slot at a mall and walla! They're on and stayed on all the way back home. More updates to come
Old 05-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #37
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

....and the saga continues.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #38
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ya Im thinking you got taken.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #39
dbailey
GL Member

They're gonna replace both front hubs. The accar hubs are both bad just like 90 days after I installed them. They said they'd refund me my money though. The codes the computer stored are the codes that say the hubs are bad. Dealer said they'd discount me a couple of hundred since the harnesses didn't fix the problem. Gonna cost me $628 smackers for 2 front hubs installed. That better fix it!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #40
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
God I hope my accars hubs aren't bad when I install them
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote