Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Sc0ttyT
GX Member

Sc0ttyT is on a distinguished road
Moonroof issues.

I tried opening my moon roof the other day and it must have been frozen shut. I messed something up. The left side motor/configuration does not move at all any more. It is currently stuck in a half-vent state so to speak. It is all the way forward but only half shut. The right side seems to be operating okay. When i try to open or close it the right side tries to do it's job resulting in the right side of the moon roof budging either up or down about an inch but all the left side does is sometimes make clicking noises. I'm not sure whats going on up there but id like to know if anyone has any insight on the matter. I'm hoping maybe with some help i can fix it myself.
Sc0ttyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
I'm guessing u broke a cable. I've never had One apart before to say for sure
Old 03-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
Sc0ttyT
GX Member

I've been lucky with the weather and i have some plastic wrap just in case but i'm wondering, if a cable snapped would i be able to manually close the window?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0ttyT View Post
I've been lucky with the weather and i have some plastic wrap just in case but i'm wondering, if a cable snapped would i be able to manually close the window?

You will need an extra set of hands. Open the sunroof so that the working side lines up with the dead side. Slowly close the roof while someone outside pushes the dead side along carefully. This should get it closed. I just helped a buddy with a similar problem on his 200sx.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
Sc0ttyT
GX Member

I tried seeing what i could do but if anything i possibly made it worse. The left side is still completely stuck but now it's in a full vent state. Like before it is all the way forward it just wont fold in and shut. I feel like forcing it downward would be a bad idea.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
There is a slot that a arm fits into. It came out and wont pull the sunroof down.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote