Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
bills99alero
GX Member

bills99alero is on a distinguished road
New Member WARNING (Long Read)

I bought my 99 4Dr, Auto, 2.4 back in late July, has been sitting at a garage since then. P/U for $500, so this will become my Winter machine, no point in doing her up, just to drive in the mud & snow.
So no body Kits, or chrome rims. But I didn't say I wouldn't have a killer sound system though.

The car will get cleaned up inside. Brakes were adjusted and cleaned up floor mats and mud mats were pressure washed off went from dirty brown to somewhat grey again.
I've worked in car cleaning before so it'll get the full treatment, plus I do pressure washing, so I know the dirt will come off the seats and floor carpet. I got pretty sick from just sitting in the car for a short time, as its pretty filthy.

New parts replaced are steel Gas Tank, J pipe for the Radiator hose from a Sunfire engine which was sitting in the garage for the last 4 yrs, totally clean. Metal Tranny hoses olds 1's rotten, found out the longer the car sits the more the tranny fluid evaporates. Oil change, full up on the Tranny fluid 13 Litres which is a huge amount, the mechanic knows his shtuff. Next to be done are the Rockers totally rotten, and yet the floor pans are in great shape. 181,359 kms I think thats 82,435 miles not sure.

Unfortunately here in Nova Scotia there are Inspections on your vehicles and if a garage doesn't like what they see, they'll just give you a shopping list of what to get fixed. The weather here's still good, so I can only clean up the underside by totally spraying it with oil in every nook & cranny.
For the those hard to reach areas mototcyle chain lube for all the seams, then in the Spring degrease and Prime and Undercoat the whole underside. The cars worth keeping for awhile.

Sorry for the long read.
bills99alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the site pictures???
Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
bills99alero
GX Member

Thank You. I'll take pics this week, but dont hold me to it just yet.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
welcome.

so your protecting it from the nice weather by it bein in the garage since june, but will be out in the winter, not trying to sound rude. which im not by any means, but usually its the other way around. anyway... enjoy the car, they are honestly quite fun.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
bills99alero
GX Member

Oh no your not being rude, thats what happens when you get a soon to be gone friend/mechanic to do the work. I gave hime over $700 to get things done and squared away with labour, still doesn't matter. He feels because I own a truck that I shouldn't be in a hurry to get the car. Plus he's restoring a jeep and other vehicles plus he's the only one working on things.
Its toooooo long of a story to get into, I've been calling it the mystery machine, cuz who knows when I'll be getting it. All I can say is (Its the best car I've never driven)
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
welcome.

so your protecting it from the nice weather by it bein in the garage since june, but will be out in the winter, not trying to sound rude. which im not by any means, but usually its the other way around. anyway... enjoy the car, they are honestly quite fun.

No, I get it, he came here before buying the car. The car is at a mechanic garage aka the shop, not a home garage. Cuz he's getting it for $500, it's going to be a beater, which truthfully these cars can handle.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote