Old 01-03-2005, 11:58 AM   #23
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
the reason i love the internet.....

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid...00u&svbname=309

$349.99

still expensive, but it is a deck w/eq, and no need for a amp if your running nice 5's or 6's up front, then 6's or 6x9's in back
Old 01-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #24
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn-near every mid-level deck has adjustable Eq frequencies now-a-days, even my sub $200 Pioneer has them. I tatally agree with MikeGett....with all the nonsense that surrounds setting up and utilizing the full potential of an EQ, it's just not worth the effort for anyone that's not an audiophile. It ya want a knob to crank the bass, just buy a decent amp. Most reputable amplifier companies feature remote gain controls now-a-days. another option for getting said knob is with a decent crossover set-up. My crossover has a remote for the db level of the sub channel. Just a couple more options for you to consider, man. B)

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #25
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Dido Youngblood. The remote bass knob is a kick ass accessory. One that my eclipse does not have. Got to deal with it. I just don't see spending fifty dollars or more for a volume knob. This money can buy so much more. If you are set on getting a eq, let me explain the joys of setting one up. First, you will set the gain of your HU. 3/4 max is a pretty good area to start. The gain is not critical here. The EQ will be sending the final signal. Just be certain not to set the HU at clipping. This is why 3/4 max is a good spot. From here comes the EQ gains. Set it up in the same manor that a HU will be set up. Here is the wanderfull part. Remember the HU volume number. If anyone adjusts it up or down your eq and amp gains will be distorted. I suggest a fly swatter in the front seat for wandering hands. From there you get to set the frequency. Trust me. There is a reason why I have a 140 dollar eq sitting in the garage. I thought it was cool for about six months. More like two, but it took me six months to remove it. I tend to procrastinate. I don't want to convince you that this is wrong. I just want for you to be certain. And as youngblood stated , know your options.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 03:49 AM   #26
elitecloud
GL Member

elitecloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to elitecloud
how much is a crossover? because i don't think that the clarion i want has a sub out

had to get a new battery yesterday, 70 bucks

so while i was at it, i just got new tires too 200 bucks

total spent because my car wouldn't start - 300 ish lol

:thumbsup:

2006 Toyota X-Runner
elitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:44 PM   #27
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Prices on crossovers vary greatly, depending on numorous factors. Number of channels, remote/no remote, brand name and quality, exterior flashiness, and a few more that are hardly understandable by the layman. My motto is: If you don't know what it's for or how to set-up / use it, then you don't need it. BUT. There's undoubtedly alot of crossovers on those sites I gave ya links to, just browse around man, you'll find'm. B)

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #28
mdodge
GLS member

mdodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mdodge
I may have no place in this discussion but, as far as an eq. I agree that only get them if you know how to use/set one up. I have a pioneeer digital eq. Took awhile to get everything the way i wanted it. Gains,volume,frequecny settings..etc. But it is worth it in the long run. It's great having such granular control over your music and it allows you to add more dimension. And good motto eric, I agree.
mdodge is offline   Reply With Quote