Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-13-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
last year the only cd player that impressed me was a JVC arsenal, this year, its still the only one...due to release in about a week or 2

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-b4aSZ6g28u9/c...os&i=257KDAR860

inmo, and i havn't seen one in person obviously, its a simple, stylish cd player, the only one i can think of that would LOOK GOOD in our cars.....as in, not stick out like a sore thumb (like my bright silver/blue panasonic in my woodgrain dashed aurora)

ill have to wait till these hit the stores, but i may pick one up. and retail of $260? sweet deal (there's a 960 thats 60 more, all i can see is it adds a sd memory stick input)

1 thing im worried about. anyone ever have a JVC? it looks like the radio reception sucks major A$$. i use the radio alot.....i do have a aftermarket rear window antenna waiting to be installed though.

even the display color matches the interior color of the car....the red buttons match my radar detector...LOL
Old 02-13-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
bigd6983

but its still a jvc.......
Old 02-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I think it is ugly actaully and very plain, you can get way better looking for that price.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
mike2002
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Feb 13 2005, 05:47 PM
I think it is ugly actaully and very plain, you can get way better looking for that price.
its only $260, so its not the best in the world

i guess some of use dont like bright ugly silver generic flashy pieces of sh!t, and some of us like things that flow with the car, and look like it could have come stock (classy)

again, i havn't seen it in person, so i cant attest to the fit and finish of the product
Old 02-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #5
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Mine CD player only cost $120.00 and right now I have the stock Radio in.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #6
Final-Reality

It's rather plain, boring, no style... oh and the volume is controlled by buttons, not a turnable knob.

I'll never get a stereo where you have to repeatedly push a button to turn the volume up or down, it's gotta have a knob baby!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:20 PM   #7
mike2002
GLS member

260 is retail, im sure ill be able to pick it up for 200-220ish

i personally dont want a cd player with a million flashy colors, and a silver backplate. 95% of the cd players look like they came out of a spaceship, extremely tacky and completley clash with the car they go in

my alero is tan interior leather w/ halo gauges. the alero is a rather plain car inside, throwin a flashy cd player in the dash ruins the look of the car inmo. this cd isn't flashy at all, and matches the look of the alero's interior very well. black, blueishgreenish display, simple design. i know it doesn't have the quality of a $400 alpine or panasonic, but comparing other $250 cd players it does well.

no one else thinks this would look good and flow with the dash of a alero? the only other decks i like are panasonic, i just dont know if id like the blue...i can change the color of my halo gauges though

PS i do like volume knobs....guess i cant have everything....:P

EDIT this is the one i like from last year...adds touchscreen and voice recognition...and the same "bland" syling...probably the one ill pickup

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IdzeLP48aGf/c...os&i=257KDA5000
Old 02-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
I think my deck looks good
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=13856
Yours has push button volume, do you carry a club in your car to? lol jk
Get somethin nicer if you want to spend the cash on a system, do it right the first time, you'll be a lot happyer :thumbsup:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
Voodosoup

Never really liked the look of the JVC stuff, they always have gimmicky animations that look like they would cause ceasures.....

This is much more my style
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-J51185m1fR4/c...9&display=L#Tab
Old 02-13-2005, 08:20 PM   #10
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
you want a knob that only controls volume? lame... i want a knob that controls everything... hahahahahahaha (in a dark villain voice) this knob will take over the world... or something.

FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
mike2002
GLS member

did you check that one out vodoo soup? there's nothing gimmicky about that one, bland...i suppose but its pretty gimmick free

i havnt played with them..but ive used alot of the kenwoods at my brother's shop, and i really really dislike them...somthing about them, i just dont like them

if i was doing it right the first time...i doubt id get a alpine...not trying to knock them, there awesome as far as features go, and they look good....but they dont really flow with the car

i guess i just have REALLY different taste then you guys....lol

i do admit that jvc isn't the the best for features, but they do have a ton of features, especially if you look at the ar5000 from last year(5volt pre-outs, subwoofer gain/freq, touchscreen) only thing that the alpine really has over it is awesome deck power, but ive got a amp. im more looking for a deck that will go with the cars style.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #12
FormulaNERD
GLS member

you've also gotta remember, all of us arent running stock, or burlwood
Old 02-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #13
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Feb 14 2005, 01:20 AM
you want a knob that only controls volume? lame... i want a knob that controls everything... hahahahahahaha (in a dark villain voice) this knob will take over the world... or something.

i find this deck UGLY but maybe thats just me

That knob is kinda... too big... haha

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #14
FormulaNERD
GLS member

duh dood.. .you think a knob any smaller could take over the world? i dont think so.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
I used to have an old JVC el chamelion that I had in my old buick, and that looked very cool for the time (circa 1998)... but this new JVC pretty much looks like the same thing except newer. My Chamelion had bad radio reception, but it sounded ok with my ghetto-cheap-ass system.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:34 PM   #16
mdodge
GLS member

mdodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mdodge
I have a jvc HU It's not like that one, has a volume knob which i agree is a must. But is' got good features for what i need. But i like the pioneer premier that best...yeah it's not that good looking, but i bet it sounds good and has got good features.
mdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:35 PM   #17
FormulaNERD
GLS member

mmmm 6.5v preouts and 60X4 mosfet. personalized screen savers and animations galore! drooool
ooo pretty clock...
and it's not just a knob! it's a seven-way rotary commander for system control, file navigation, and world domination might i add!

Feeling the need for higher power? The DEH-P80MP will fix that, real fast: 60 watts of clean MOSFET power will absolutely flood your vehicle. For convenience (and a high coolness factor) the Auto-Flap Motorized Face silently glides back and forth for CD loading. It also features a totally new design, with a unique 7-Way Rotary Commander for easy operation plus a Deep Blue OEL Display with screensavers and background videos. You can even import your own customized digital movies into the display! Playback includes MP3, WMA, and it’s ready for Satellite Radio (XM or Sirius) and the hot iPod Adapter shipping in Spring ‘05.

For viewing MP3 information, the DEH-P80MP supports both ID3v1 tags and the more current ID3v2. Up to 16 characters can be shown on the display at one time, vs. 8-10 characters on most competitors’ models… meaning that you can see most artists’ full names, not some funky abbreviation

Here’s an example of how easy it works. Let’s say you just threw in a CD-R loaded with all your favorite MP3 files. Here’s how you’d find one specific file:
1. Press the LIST button to view your folders (such as Garage, Electronica)
2. Spin the Rotary Commander dial to select a folder on the display
3. Tilt the dial Right to view folder contents
4. Locate the file you want
5. Press the center of the dial to begin playback
That’s it. Your fingers stay on just one dial, so it’s fast and easy to find what you want and play it.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:41 PM   #18
mdodge
GLS member

mdodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mdodge
^yep, I'd install it.
mdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #19
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Attention current and future iPod owners: this deck can be your gateway to taking your iPod music collection on the road! This spring we’ll begin shipping a new Pioneer iPod Adapter, a small box that can hide under a seat. Once you connect this adapter to your iPod and also to your headunit, you can control your iPod through the headunit and even view album, artist, and other music info on its display. The Pioneer iPod adapter powers your iPod and even re-charges its internal battery. Just think: now you can play all of your iPod tunes via a powerful Pioneer mobile audio system

oh, and it automatically mutes when it hears your cell phone ringing
Old 02-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #20
mike2002
GLS member

with 6.5volts that usually means you'd have to attenuate the input...(to high of voltage for most amps) with a 5volt that will work with about every amp (i think mine is 200mv-5v, then 5v-13v or somthing)

if pioneer made a good looking deck, id get it