Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
gas leaking

So i finally found out i have a gas leak.. the problem is at the fuel filter. the side that the fuel goe into its leaking at the connection due to previous owner tried to pry the filter out of the connection.... i asked some of the techs at my work and they said i would have to replace the whole fuel pump... is there not a part number for the connection on that fuel line going into the fuel filter ?can take pics if needed
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:40 AM   #2
cliffordwoeller

Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
can i possibly get someones input on what i should do or the part number or something
Old 06-22-2008, 03:01 AM   #3
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
I don't see why you would have to replace the fuel pump. I can't remember which side of the fuel filter screws on and which side has the clip but I would check to see of anything is loose. I definitley wouldn't send the money on a fuel pump if you don't need to.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:12 AM   #4
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordwoeller View Post
So i finally found out i have a gas leak.. the problem is at the fuel filter. the side that the fuel goe into its leaking at the connection due to previous owner tried to pry the filter out of the connection.... i asked some of the techs at my work and they said i would have to replace the whole fuel pump... is there not a part number for the connection on that fuel line going into the fuel filter ?can take pics if needed

You can get some connector repair kits from Napa for certain size tubing, and can use inline barb fittings to splice the tubing.

I also got extra connectors at a salvage yard for a project, and used regular fuel line with them to go from the pump canister to the filter. They must be cut to the exact length, though.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:45 AM   #5
cliffordwoeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
I don't see why you would have to replace the fuel pump. I can't remember which side of the fuel filter screws on and which side has the clip but I would check to see of anything is loose. I definitley wouldn't send the money on a fuel pump if you don't need to.

on mine if your under the car head facing towards the front ... the right side will be the screw side and the left is the slide in connector part. that connector is bent,and where they tried to pry the fuel filter out of that connector so instead of it being perfectly round its more of a oval shape now and where the leaks coming from. tomorrow morning I will take a picture to show you guys exactly whats going on and am sure you will see where its coming from.