Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-21-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
gre0481

OK folks,

Here's my problem. The wiring harness I got works for the most part.

Some issues; Power antenna (fixed, moved unused wire and pin in harness so it lines up with the dark green antenna wire)

accessory turn on is also an issue. DOes someone know what color that wire is? The only one I can think of is the one that leads to the airbag wiring (not sure why radio harness is even mixed in with that garbage.

I have an 04 and 03 harness diagram, one with amp, one without. I think the 8 spkr setup has the amp. Mine is 6, speakers don't work unless I have a powered source (I can turn the power off)

SO, another question is, WHat did it say on the wiring harness bag?

As we all know, GM shares harnesses with all sorts of vehicles; the diagram I have shows Grandam and alero. The differences are ; antenna wiring + antenna booster on the right rear pillar (hidden), and also the steering wheel controls (pontiac)

So If I'm wondering if I order a new one from scosche, will I run into the same issues, or will it be a direct patch for my wiring schematics of an 03/04 grandam/alero.

I eblieve it would be the same for both, the wires are all there, just whether they're in use for the same thing or not.

This is frustrating, please help :P

They just seem to have the need to keep tweaking with things.
ALso, I know they have one with a chime module, and one without. 03's and 04's will function normally without it, just no annoying beeps, chimes, etc.

It was an earlier model I think they had a problem with warning lights on the dash. Merely cosmetic :P