Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-21-2005, 07:53 AM   #1
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
Smile

yesterday morning my g/f goes out to her civic to get some stuff from the back when she calls me up and says that her pass window was smashed and eveything was taken out of it... shes in the process of moving (staying at my place for a while) so she had a few pieces of luggage in the trunk and an electronic keyboard in the back seat. made a (useless) police report and went to get it fixed. as we got the parking lot of the window shop (drove 2 cars) i realized that my car had an attempted "breaking and entering" the black strip next the the front window on pass side is all f***ed up. later at the shop the window guy told me they did the same to the civic, bascially the take a screwdriver or similar tool (and instead of smashing the window which makes a lot of noise) and try and get behind the window and just break it from the side (hard to explaing but i'll get some pics up) and the only thing that stopped them was my alarm going off. issed: issed: issed: issed: issed: issed:

i think it was on separate nights b/c my alarm went off one night and i didnt know why when i got downstairs no one was there. and her car was good until yesterday morning... f***ing poop i was pissed

she wanted to sell her car anywyas, and after we fixed it we sold it to carmax like 2 hours later. even though it was a honda i still liked the car b/c it was stick shift.

f***... what else can i do to prevent this poop from happening... i dont have a garage so that's outta the question... the alarm does help to scare them off, i use a club everytime and take the face plate off my HU at night as well. and i lock out the trunk release button too... (they got to her trunk through the release)
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
that sucks.

if they want in it nothing is going to stop them and that really sucks.

get a big mean rot and keep him in your car at night for added protection...........lol
Old 09-21-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
alero168
I Love Tiara!

i wonder if that's at all possible... i'm desparate for some ideas
Old 09-21-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
alero168
I Love Tiara!

pics:

where they dug the tool in
[attachmentid=8716]

the bent window frame
[attachmentid=8717]
Old 09-21-2005, 08:24 AM   #5
alero168
I Love Tiara!

you can notice the damage, from the rubber sticking out, b/c of the bent black strip
[attachmentid=8718]
Old 09-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
ya, they did that when they broke into mine. then they smashed out the window anyways. you can do anythin to stop em. some with take a pick and poke a hole under the lock and pull the lock totally outside the car and unlock it. they did that to my girls car(all for a poopty ass lanzar cd player :/)
Old 09-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #7
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
The first time the got into mine they shattered the small window behind the doors on a 2 door. The second and 3rd times they pryed the door handle completely off.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
Thank God that hasn't happened to me. That sucks! You can't stick a doogie in the car over night, it'll be lonely! I have a big mean looking boxer that we got for protection... She's usless other then to run and bark. She'll greet anyone with a huge lick, lol.

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:13 PM   #9
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
i locked my keys in my alero twice, takes me maybe two min to break in with a coat hanger, with no damage to the car. and the "alarm" doesnt go off.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:38 PM   #10
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
wow im lucky i have never had mine broken into!! I guess modded ones are more of a target??
Thats why i hate people that leave decorative (aka ghey) speakers out and dont put them under factory covers, its just asking for it. or leave the face to their cd players on or something. My cd changer's in the back, only a bitty remote up front, and my Alpines safely tucked under factory covers =) But i park in the gheettttoooo every day (work =/) I cant even leave my ribbon magnets on my car without getting them stolen =/ My friend Andy's old 626 got its stock hubcaps stolen off of it, and other employee's car's have been damaged/broken into quite often...
lol but im notorious for leaving keys in cars =) I have mastered the technique of "breaking into" my silverado.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #11
alero168
I Love Tiara!

i need to get the hell out of the city or at least somewhere with a garage or a dog like zeus but with balls (midwest ppl konw what i'm talkin' about) or sometimes i can get a spot right in front of my building and maybe set up a camera ... i get the feeling that if i went to this flea market they have on sundays i will find my girl's luggage there.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #12
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Be thankful thats all you got....it f-in sucks when they break and steal all your stuff, a PITA in my mind. It sucks, i hear ya...get an alarm...stopped people from breaking in thus far for me!

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote