Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
AleroKing
GX Member

AleroKing is on a distinguished road
power locks not working

neither my alarm or the buttons on the door panel will lock or unlock the doors.

im not getting any beeping or any noises at all when i press the lock/ unlock button.

i checked the fuses and i pulled the drl relay and put it in the door lock relay and still nothing.

it happened last night after a big rain, and i am also noticing that after i start my car up im getting a new set of beeps that beeps like 4-5 times.
AleroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
AleroKing
GX Member

I was just driving around and kept getting random beeps while in park with the car running
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Sounds like a possible short somewhere....
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
check the fuseblocks on the I/P for signs of water. windows and blocked sunroof drains can cause water leaks that end up in the F/B and cause havoc. do all your idiot lights work on your dash? things i can think of that would cause a chime (false or not) would be change oil indicator, low tire pressure indicator, low fuel, ebrake left on, check engine light setting, door left ajar etc. if your car thinks any one of these things are happening for a second it could cause a chime. check with a test light and make sure your getting power to the fuse for the door locks too
Old 02-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
AleroKing
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
check the fuseblocks on the I/P for signs of water. windows and blocked sunroof drains can cause water leaks that end up in the F/B and cause havoc. do all your idiot lights work on your dash? things i can think of that would cause a chime (false or not) would be change oil indicator, low tire pressure indicator, low fuel, ebrake left on, check engine light setting, door left ajar etc. if your car thinks any one of these things are happening for a second it could cause a chime. check with a test light and make sure your getting power to the fuse for the door locks too

what do you mean by i/b and f/b.

my dash lights work, and everything else still works interior lights, trunk pop,head lights.

i checked the fuses with a dmm and wasnt getting any voltage reading at the door lock fuse.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
i have the same problem. Water seems to have made its way into the driverside fuse box, creating a mess: lets just say it melted half of my fuse pannel off.

yeah right!
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
F/B: fuse block, I/P: Instrument panel.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
AleroKing
GX Member

the fuses in the drivers side f/b have black residue almost burnt looking on all the ends of them, but none are blown.

today my locks randomly started doing the automatic lock again once you start driving. nut still the button nor my alarm will lock the doors automatically.

and i also noticed that the chimes in park seem to be 4 beeps,3 beeps, 1 beep. with about 5 seconds in between the three sets of beeps.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
it sounds like for whatever reason, it is cycling through the different lock settings
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
AleroKing
GX Member

still havent figured anything else out about this situation yet.

sometime the doors will auto lock when put in drive and sometimes they auto unlock when the cars turned off. other times it doesnt

but the button still never will lock or unlock the doors