Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
would engine braces help?

did a quick search and couldnt find anythign. i was wundering if engine braces (like the 3800 has and the venture van) would help enough to do it. i could see some torque gained here but at the same time no one talks about it so there must be a reason.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
the new impala's and malibu's have them also.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if our rad support is strong enough to actually do it! I've toyed for years with the idea of properly "birdcaging" the front end of mine. Strut tower brace, then to firewall and then out to rad support..... I know it will definately work, just never gone any further than a thought is all....lol
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
can u show me what u mean by bird gauge?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
On the impala they aren't additional braces, they are the main braces. If you took them off, you could easily push the motor back against the firewall with one hand. For the time, money and effort of reinforcing the rad support and bolting up the annoying passenger side mount (which might involve removing the AC compressor to gain access) the couple ft/lbs you MIGHT gain wouldn't be noticeable anyways.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Birdcage, Strut tower brace as you are familiar with. Then a brace from the center of the firewall to each strut tower. Then a brace from each strut tower to the rad support. I think reinforcing the front that way will really show in the handling and feel of the front end. In the old days it was called "Birdcaging the front end".... lol On ours though the firewall add on can be skipped I think since strut towers are already tied to the firewall
Old 01-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Poly mounts are ava for the Alero. I have the motor mount and tranny mount. The Engine DOESN"T move

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote