Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
jmray91
GX Member

jmray91 is on a distinguished road
Engine Upgrades

Hi Im new to the forums and I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero 2.4L 4Cyl DOHC and was wondering what performance parts I could buy for the car that would work with the stock engine and transmission.
jmray91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
|
|
|
-------------------v
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
http://sites.google.com/site/aleromodupgrades you can do quite a bit with the 2.4 for cheap
Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
jmray91
GX Member

How hard are the applications to do these custom fits? and where do i put the coils whenever i get them wired? I am still really new to this
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
wherever you want to
Old 06-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
jmray91
GX Member

When i change out the original coils to msd coils what do i do with the original coil pack housing because if im correct thats where the ICM plugs into and in the photos it looks like it still plugs back in the spot after you change out the coils and it doesnt say where to mount the new coils or anything at least from what i can see. I dont mean to be a pest im just really new to modding cars like this and need specific help on these things
Old 06-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

the icm stays on the ignition cover

the new coils go wherever you want them to... you can see in the pictures that i put them on the fuse box

Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
jmray91
GX Member

ok so i take the wiring from the coils and wire into the icm?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
jmray91
GX Member

and do you have a picture with everything installed with the cover off so i can get and example of what they look like
Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

i might. follow the instructions though, it's very obvious what to do when you start taking this apart. lol

coils are not going to make a big difference, at all on your car though. it's a supporting modification for when you're pushing a lot of air through the engine.. the stock system will be just fine until you turbocharge
Old 06-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
jmray91
GX Member

alright thank you so much this is alot of help.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #12
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

you should do this
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Stock ignition is good for more hp than you can make N/A