Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #21
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
I'm looking at headers now. I'm not trying to spend a fortune, but I found this one. Those with knowledge... What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Cavali...53bd0d&vxp=mtr
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #22
fisdad

Also, I know many people have upgraded their brake calipers to dual pistons, mine are starting to crap out anyway, so I figure it's time. Three questions...

1. Can I buy better calipers for both front AND rear wheels?

2. Will I have to get bigger rims to clear the new calipers? I just purchased new 16 inch mags in December and I'm not really wanting to upgrade again yet.

3. What is the cheapest way to accomplish this mod? And will I need to change pads and rotors as well?
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #23
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
What type of exhaust work? Are we talking about headers and a cat?

Will a warm air intake help?

What's the underdrive pully? Can it be replaced by itself or with another component?

SLP exhaust pipes (2.5 mandral pipes), high flow cat and magnolia muffler.

I didn't do header till I did the cams and head.

it was a CAI. and the pulley was the crank one and it can be done by itself.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Afaik you can use both front and back camaro calipers
Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #25
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Afaik you can use both front and back camaro calipers

I think there was an issue with the Camaro rears and which is why I don't think anyone runs them. I know that the 2005 Grand Prix GXP rears will bolt right up and is an awesome upgrade path.

Like the Camaro front brakes, the GXP rears require 16+" rims. Both style GLS rims fit the Camaro front brake set up. Not sure about GXPs because I don't have them .

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
I think there was an issue with the Camaro rears and which is why I don't think anyone runs them. I know that the 2005 Grand Prix GXP rears will bolt right up and is an awesome upgrade path.

Like the Camaro front brakes, the GXP rears require 16+" rims. Both style GLS rims fit the Camaro front brake set up. Not sure about GXPs because I don't have them .

Well I do have 16's on it so that may be the way to go?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #27
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
SLP exhaust pipes (2.5 mandral pipes), high flow cat and magnolia muffler.

I didn't do header till I did the cams and head.

it was a CAI. and the pulley was the crank one and it can be done by itself.

Still trying to sort out the best bang for my buck. I don't really need the car to be faster, just get better mpg.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post

Will the GXP front calipers work also?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #29
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
What I dont get is we can swap the late 90s camaro calipers, but they swap the new corvette brakes... Could we do the same?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
What I dont get is we can swap the late 90s camaro calipers, but they swap the new corvette brakes... Could we do the same?

Don't the Camero's come with 17-18" rims though? That could be the difference?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
there is a couple people that have corvette calipers in front. like alerored
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #32
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

New corvette?
Old 06-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
nah! like early 2000 area

i saw the powdercoated blue zr1 brake calipers all four for sale on ebay like 850$, man did they look good i wanted em to run on the alero but would need work.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:11 AM   #34
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Sucks for you, would have matched your theme
Old 06-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

thats what im sayin' lol.

these exact, mmmm!

would look real good inside my 18's sorry im off topic a little lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 06-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #36
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
lol would not clear in your 18's.... I got the corvette z06 2008 ones and I needed 1 inch spacer on my 19's to clear...

BTW they are the 14.5 inch in the front (6 pistons) and 13,8inch in the rear (4 pistons)

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #37
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Theres the beef!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #38
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
I remember when everyone used to flame every single person who said "CIA" instead of "CAI".

Well IIRC the proper name is "Header" not "Headers"

Don't mean to burst your bubble but the term Headers refers to each individual pipe on an aftermarket exhaust manifold. so even a 4 cyl can have "Headers". Lol.
03gxeco is offline   Reply With Quote