Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #21
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
really.... I think if you just do something with the paint job, I think it will look really good... also ditch the fart cans. other than that, I like the car. Welcome aboard. I have a pretty well stock alero. lol
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #22
AJules
GLS member

AJules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUSTIN0285 View Post
If ya don't mind me askin, how much did ya pay???

4k think that was a pretty good buy?
AJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #23
strizay
GX Member

strizay is on a distinguished road
Damn, why couldn't I find one that cheap. I paid 7500 with tax and all that crap with a little under 74k. How many miles you got on that?
strizay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #24
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Wow, I dont know what to say... nice or ugly. Well I like the razzi kit but not the paint on it, spoiler is okay but you have to have some horses to back it up other wise its stupid. Yeah its better to start with than a stock, nice shaved door handles. Ive seen the one wiper sequence on a lexus and its just weird. As for performance your lucky you got the Twin Cam and not the 3400 so thats a good start, now just decided if you wanna go N/A or boost. Many many many wayz to go with the LD9 2.4L Twin Cam. I recommend installing Quad 4 parts for best looks and performance. heres some pics of others on this site with NICE engine bays best ive seen so far. Wow i cant believe all those exterior mods and not even one performance mod.

Last edited by DOHC_tuner : 10-17-2007 at 08:17 PM.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #25
strizay
GX Member

What's wrong with the 3400?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 PM   #26
AJules
GLS member

and thanks everyone, I'm just gonna do first things first, fix my lights and wiper, but i'm actually starting to like the paint now because it's not something you see everyday, i've gotten some compliments on it I just don't like how it's plain on one side and the opposite on the other. so I might just have the other side painted.

I looked on ebay, and I can get one of those passenger-side lights for about 100 bucks shipped, but I have no idea how much it would cost to get a regular windshield wiper setup...

then i'll probably find a WAI, but I'm pretty hesitant to put one on because of how many times i've heard that they actually hurt our cars, but I've looked around here and some people say they help performance.

I'd just rather buy a CAI and get it over with, but I've only seen one and it was around 300 (more than I want to spend)

but about the supercharger, it's a 99, and some people said it does fit on 99's, but some say it doesnt... so will it? or are some 99's different from others?

but by that time i'll probably have decided what I want to do with the paint, wing, exhaust etc and remember, i'm still in highschool and my job doesn't pay too much so it'll probably be a slow process
Old 08-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #27
AJules
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizay View Post
Damn, why couldn't I find one that cheap. I paid 7500 with tax and all that crap with a little under 74k. How many miles you got on that?

yeah, it's got plenty of miles on it though, 117k still not bad though if you ask me
Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #28
AJules
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
Wow, I dont know what to say... nice or ugly. Well I like the razzi kit but not the paint on it, spoiler is okay but you have to have some horses to back it up other wise its stupid. Yeah its better to start with than a stock, nice shaved door handles. Ive seen the one wiper sequence on a lexus and its just weird. As for performance your lucky you got the Twin Cam and not the 3400 so thats a good start, now just decided if you wanna go N/A or boost. Many many many wayz to go with the LD9 2.4L Twin Cam. I recommend installing Quad 4 parts for best looks and performance. heres some pics of others on this site with NICE engine bays best ive seen so far. Wow i cant believe all those exterior mods and not even one performance mod.

yeah, i'm starting to like the paint actually, the wiper is definitely weird, i'm not sure how it would even work in the rain and i'm afraid to find out because I think I know the answer. I'm pretty sure i'm eventually gonna boost it and then do other mods. I like the idea of putting a turbo in there, but it seems much more expensive than a supercharger.

what's different about the quad 4 as opposed to the twin cam?

and yeah, when I first saw the car, I expected there to be a lot of engine mods but there was nothing, surprised me too
Old 08-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #29
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
^100k is about where all the problems start
--
and for supercharger and turbo prices it can all be different on the things you add to them..
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:02 AM   #30
AJules
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
^100k is about where all the problems start
--
and for supercharger and turbo prices it can all be different on the things you add to them..

uh uo, hope I don't run into anything major soon

well how much do you think I should be able to turbo it for if it's just basic with nothing added
Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #31
strizay
GX Member

LOL, the wiper blade would only do one side at a time, so you would have to wait till it came back over to the driver's side so you could see. Unless it moved incredibly fast.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #32
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJules View Post
what's different about the quad 4 as opposed to the twin cam?

i'm not the best to answer that but, its got different cams, and intake, its a 2.3 instead of a 2.4, and i think it has a longer stroke. and more stock power.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:09 AM   #33
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
^i honestly dont know. but pm Spilner the second pic that dohc showed is his engine bay
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 AM   #34
AJules
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizay View Post
LOL, the wiper blade would only do one side at a time, so you would have to wait till it came back over to the driver's side so you could see. Unless it moved incredibly fast.

lol yeah a completely rediculous idea

luckily I haven't got caught in the rain with it yet and hopefully I can get that changed before I do, and hopefully it won't cost too much
Old 08-25-2007, 12:34 AM   #35
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I think for 4K, I would have bought it too. lol I think it looks rather sharp on the crazy side... Get the other side done the same way and make it look even on the hood, and I think you'll have one smokin' car. As for the headlight, I'd look around at some local junk yards..

If you want, I can look at my local junk yard and see if I can find one cheap and mail it too you... I'm from indiana so it shouldn't be TOO expensive to send.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #36
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Wow, that sure is an attention getting car for a 17 year old. No getting away with anything there. The spoiler isn't even *that* bad, there's certainly worse. I do agree on the way of the exhaust and the wipers. The exhaust especially on the razzi, it's suited for an oval tip or dual round tips. The way the wiper is done if i remember right, the drivers side arm is mounted on the passenger side, and then just left up in the window. So basically you just need to switch that arm back over and get a new/used one for the passenger side.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:28 AM   #37
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
I sold my ho for 6k with 109k miles on it, so u got a hell of a deal even if it has a shitty paint job lol

As for the headlights ur lookin for, go to a junkyard they have plenty of aleros out there, Ive gotten many of my parts from there that I needed.

the 2.4 is a very potential engine, wtf is his name has a grand am with a wicked turbo set up on his 2.4 runnin in the mid 11's last I heard, and with the 3400 check out blackjack, hes pretty much the "GOD" of this server with his effin turbo set up lol

oh and that exhaust set up aint that bad I had a magnaflow 6 inch round body muffler on mine, often known as a "fart can" and I liked how it looked on my ho, so its just ur opinion, dont let others on this site tell you what to do its ur car do what u want with it
Old 08-25-2007, 09:54 PM   #38
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJules View Post
then i'll probably find a WAI, but I'm pretty hesitant to put one on because of how many times i've heard that they actually hurt our cars, but I've looked around here and some people say they help performance

a WAI hurting a car? unless the person who installs in is completly incompitent and does a shitty install job on it (and trust me.......thats very hard to do since it was THE easiest mod ive done) then ya....but seriously, they dont in the least little bit, one of my fav mods by far.

only time ive seen a intake hurt a car is when i saw a civic with a CAI that runs down the FRONT of the motor ran through a massive puddle of water and sucked up a shit load of water and destroyed the engine.....again, thats with a civic, ive head of MAYBE 1 incident about a alero and a intake, other then that dude......there fine!!! just go to ebay and get one for like $30.00 tops.....trust me, its a damn good investment!!

and welcome!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:04 AM   #39
steve-o
Canadian... Eh?

steve-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to steve-o
Lose the wing, paint it one color(possible two tone) get two wipers, and it will look pimp.

Welcome.

02 Alero - ecotec - 5 Spd - Springtech springs - KYB GR2 struts - CAI - Sacchi
S1 lightweight 17s - Eclipse CD5435 - Sirius radio - 6000K HIDs - LED markers
steve-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #40
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
i like the car... and i like how it's un-evenly painted... prolly one of the most "artistic" things i've seen done to an alero. I'd keep it that way... don't listen to people when they use the word "rice" that terminology has been debated for years and it gets more annoying every time i see it used... aleros arent any more american muscle than they are "rice" hell... if you put rims bigger than 15's it should technically be called "rice" not to mention any kind of forced induction besides a supercharger. and what about all you guys who slap on colored shifter handles and e-brake boots... and paint the shit out of the dash... seems to me that should be considered a little "rice" and if all that's rice, then that means your subwoofers are "ghetto" cause they origionally became popular in the hood... so let's discriminate against that too... it'll be fun... grow up.

nice car~
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote