Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
anyone have spare pacesetter headers?

seeing if anyone has pacesetter headers laying around... seeing if someone could send them in to Milzy for me cause i cant take mine off, if i do i wont have a running car for awhile. reason being is that my pacesetter headers crossover pipe may not fit with the f40 transmission. so if you shipped them in they could get me measurements/see if they fit. if you could help out that would be great.
you dont have to, just seeing if anyone could.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, seriously if has already been said they are almost 100% sure they won't fit. If you are gonna drop the money on the f40 swap just drop the extra to get a good set of headers and get rid of the shitty pacesetters......
Old 01-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
There is a set on 60degreev6.com if you MUST have them I know your trying to save money but i know of 2 people who have gotten them and want to sell them already , and they are the "new" style . the set that is for sale are amour coated so maybe just the crossover can be modified and recoated
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i would love to get those headers. but then i would also want a new head. because i have 2 pegs that broke off inside the head one is still in there and the other is bigger then stock. so if i got new headers then i would have to notch out the bottom left hole on the header or replace the head. im just trying to dodge little things but i dont think ill be able to afford those headers when i go there.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
mmorello82
GX Member

mmorello82 is on a distinguished road
What's wrong with pacesetter? I was just thinking of buying a set for me!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I say they are a big improvment over stock no matter how you look at them..lol If your not up to dropping close to a grand on them then that is still the way to go. I have the S&S on mine and guys a few years ago were saying the Pacesetters were a step up from those. Well, on a stage 2 build I managed to break the 100mph mark in the quarter and a time of 14.1 They are doing the job just fine for now imo. I'd love to get a set of Mikes, but that is a lot of cash for headders compared to my available budget
Old 01-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorello82 View Post
What's wrong with pacesetter? I was just thinking of buying a set for me!

nothing is really wrong with pacesetters IMO but the way they hook up they could have done a little better with the crossover pipe/front header connection.. cause its hard to get that bolt tight thats close to the block/head. and the pacesetter crossover pipe most likely has some fitment issues with the F40 6 speed manual swap that im going to be getting done in a month, so thats basically the issue with them so far haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
I say they are a big improvment over stock no matter how you look at them..lol If your not up to dropping close to a grand on them then that is still the way to go. I have the S&S on mine and guys a few years ago were saying the Pacesetters were a step up from those. Well, on a stage 2 build I managed to break the 100mph mark in the quarter and a time of 14.1 They are doing the job just fine for now imo. I'd love to get a set of Mikes, but that is a lot of cash for headders compared to my available budget

yeah mikes headers are nice as hell. i would love a set too but my budget also doesnt help to get those at the moment. but plan on getting some in the long run unless i find another 1000-1200$ in the next month so i can get them while im up in Ohio but who knows lol.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
when you'll get your f40 setup... buy a mig welder.. I had to reshape the pace setter I bought for my 3800 because I have a f23 and there was problem with the front tranny mount and the filler cap ... gotta be creative sometime

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/

Last edited by guiguilandry : 02-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

i know i could look this up but i dont feel like it so ill just ask and wait for the reply haha but anyway how much are mig welders? and that looks great. ill have to invest in one of these welders. i have an a/c welder but cant do exhaust with that cause it burns right through it. hey better question is... what if i sent my headers to you maybe you could custom fab it for me? and i could pay you depending if your down and how much you would charge. that would help out alot actually... please think about it haha. although shipping might cost alot...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 02-01-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
i know i could look this up but i dont feel like it so ill just ask and wait for the reply haha but anyway how much are mig welders? and that looks great. ill have to invest in one of these welders. i have an a/c welder but cant do exhaust with that cause it burns right through it. hey better question is... what if i sent my headers to you maybe you could custom fab it for me? and i could pay you depending if your down and how much you would charge. that would help out alot actually... please think about it haha. although shipping might cost alot...

I'd like to help you out with that but i don't have a LA1 and f40 in hand to do some test fit... lol

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote