Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
jmray91
GX Member

jmray91 is on a distinguished road
Plug wires

Are there any better wires i can get besides the Cavalier 2.2L OHV (LN2) wireset for msd 8224 coils
jmray91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Ign wires are pretty much universal.

I run Accel Xtreme 9000 8mm wires for a Dogde Dakota 5.9L on my 3400

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Ign wires are pretty much universal.

I run Accel Xtreme 9000 8mm wires for a Dogde Dakota 5.9L on my 3400

is that the R/T Ken? my mom used to have a 04' durango R/T with the 5.9L it was awd with 336hp. man that thing was fast for an suv i loved it. 11 miles to the gallon city driving!

but yeah, i agree with ken.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
What would be a good set to run for my 2.4? I don't have an MSD ignition yet, but for now I'm thinking if i upgrade the spark plug wires and plugs that should help my fuel economy.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post

is that the R/T Ken? my mom used to have a 04' durango R/T with the 5.9L it was awd with 336hp. man that thing was fast for an suv i loved it. 11 miles to the gallon city driving!

but yeah, i agree with ken.

Really IDK, I didn't remember the part number and I was back and forth on Summit's site trying to figure which set I had. I knew it was 900x but I couldn't figure the last number. When I got them, I took them out to the car, laid them all out, put the "coil" wire aside and took the 6 longest ones. 3 longest in the front, 2 of the shortest longest for the rear and the shortest of the longest for number 2. I "closed" the openings of the wires with dielectrical grease before installing them. 2 coats actually. I'd rather used too much than not enough. It's not like it was going to be oozing out

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
What would be a good set to run for my 2.4? I don't have an MSD ignition yet, but for now I'm thinking if i upgrade the spark plug wires and plugs that should help my fuel economy.

I don't like the MSD wires. after only 50K miles, they were loose. I can understand not being as conductive, but loose to the point of misfiring Ummm yeah, no.

Personally I like the Accel Xtreme 9000 series. 8mm wire. Since the 2.4 is less complex, (igntion wire wise) than the 3400, any set should do. Buy the V8 set. Usually less than $100 and the V6 sets are over $150

Plug wires aren't really going to give you that big of a boost in MPG or performance. The only gain your really going to get is 8mm over the 7mm stock, less ohm resistance, and recovering any spark that has been lose due to old and worn out wires

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 06-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
awesome ken, i got some "performance" plugs from napa. they work fine for me. might try accel sometime though.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
ronnysbray
GX Member

ronnysbray is on a distinguished road
Im going all MSD.
ronnysbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 06:10 AM   #8
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
What did you end up going with? The msd?
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote