Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
01OhioAlero
GX Member

01OhioAlero is on a distinguished road
2nd time going to track

Im going to the track for my 2nd time today.
I have wai,ported lower intake,egr delete, and tune.
Is there any tips you guys have for me? Last time I went 17.1 best and 18.2 worst. I know even a stock alero should go like 15.8. What can I be doing wrong?
01OhioAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
How were you launching? Were you waiting until the light changed or were you holding it up to a certain rpm? If so what rpm? If you have trac control was it on or off?
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah you should be in the high fifteen low sixteen mark stock. Idk what you are doing. Lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
01OhioAlero
GX Member

Holding it at 1500 rpm, trac was off did little burnout out at box. Here's the slips and a pic of the 1st car I ran against. It was my first time so I guess being nervous and having no experience played a part. Also I got so much wheel spin it was terrible.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Word of advice. Dont do a burn out, and try to go around the water as best as you can. I never do a burn out in mine, as long as i can dodge the water before the light. Wet tires mean no traction.

If you had drag radials or slicks i would suggest one. But the car isnt really fast enough to need to do a burn out. At least in my opinion.

Also if you wheel hop, let out. Its very harsh and can break things.

Ive been to a track 3 times and probably been down one about 20 times total. My car i know can run under 15 sec but i dont go to the track often and do not have my launch down, the pavement there is very sticky unlike the street (of course)

I can make my car shine on the street but when it hits the track its almost like i dont know what im doing because its so much different. Id like to see what my car would run in the 1/4 on a normal road and not the track.

All in all, i just need to practice more at the track to get things down. But meet me at a red light, ill give you a run for your money.

Also, one more word of advice. Once the THIRD yellow light fully comes on, punch it. You will get a good RT. Dont wait for the green. Launch just before it.

My best RT i can remember was .022
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 10-08-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
3500Alero
GX Member

3500Alero is on a distinguished road
Don't bother with doing a burn out until you have slicks or drag radials. Drive around the water box and give it a shot from a stop, just to clean the tires. Try launching at idle too. Looks like you may have other problems, because your mph should be higher. This is a 3400 car correct?

What was the weather like last time you went?
1993 c1500 turbo 3100 swap 5psi.
1976 Cutlass 350 olds stock for now
3500Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #7
sleepyalero
GLS member

I trap low 90 mph to high 80 mph. Something is up.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
1500 RPMs is too high. I do 1000 or 1100.

Leave on the 3rd amber, if you don't red light once in a while you're not trying hard enough. .600 is "sleeping on the tree"

go around the water box. I can see your 60' is horrible. My Delta with the Stock 307, running 18.5 @ 72 has a better 60' than that. Go around the water box, stop, pull e-brake, give the gas pedal a little stab. You see smoke, it's too much. Too much of a burnout on a radial will make the tire greasy and slippery, the exact oppsite you want. Water from the water box can stay in the treads and leak down while you're staging, also causing wheel spin.

Bring tire PSI down to about 25 PSI.

Watch the car in front of you. If it's a RWD car with slicks, try to stage your tires where his were (in the grove) If its a FWD car, ricer that wants to look cool, or a RWD car with radials, that run is pretty much effed because he tracked water up to the line for you.

The ported lower isn't going to help you that much because you are only letting as much air in as your smallest opening will allow. Since you are running a WAI, remove the driver's side headlight. If you can get the piping to make it a CAI, remove foglight and fender liner for best air flow.

What "tune" do you have. Tune is a word that get thrown around a lot today. What is "tuned" is it "off the shelf PCM, or was it done with HPTuners?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #9
01OhioAlero
GX Member

A tune from Milzy. I missed yesterday so I cant go agian this season. Hopefully by next season I can get at least 15's
Old 10-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
So it's an "off-the-shelf" tune which is fine because tuning isn't exactly easy

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 10-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #11
sleepyalero
GLS member

Well i doubt it could be a tune issue. But idk i have heard nothing but great things out of milzys street tunes for the GA and alero, havent heard one person complain. I always see "you can really tell the difference" type of things.

Seems like there could be something wrong thats not letting you get full power. But i really dont know.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
01OhioAlero
GX Member

I dont either. It was about 80 degrees and sunny so that might have slowed me down a bit. And yeah the tune is nice, I love the way the car shifts now its so much better.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

The closest I got to a prefect light was .004 and -.001.

Are the tracks closed around you now? Seems kind of early. One track here is open until the 2nd weekend berfore Christmas

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #14
01OhioAlero
GX Member

The only one within a hour drive closes pretty early. This weekend it the last time they run sadly. But they got jet stuff so its gonna be pretty cool.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Well i doubt it could be a tune issue. But idk i have heard nothing but great things out of milzys street tunes for the GA and alero, havent heard one person complain. I always see "you can really tell the difference" type of things.

Seems like there could be something wrong thats not letting you get full power. But i really dont know.

I didn't doubt it was the tune. I think he's spinning the shit out of those tires because he's going thru the water box.

The water box is there for slick tire cars to do a burnout to heat up the tires for better traction, not for a radial tire car to show off

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 10-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
sleepyalero
GLS member

Wasnt referring to you doubting it.

But i only do a slight burn out if i cant dodge the water they lay down.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: