Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 11-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
My Non-Alero 02 Ga 3.4l

I know this is not a Alero but this comes from the same family. I have been looking around this site for ideas and parts. I was asked to post some picture's of my ride. I will say that the pictures make the car look fat and it is much better in person. So her you guys go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20101006_133344.jpg (63.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20101006_133544.jpg (40.4 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20101006_133711.jpg (73.1 KB, 131 views)
G.I.Ceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, nice ride!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
welcome
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Not my cup of tea, but as long as your satisfied with it. Welcome to the site.
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

G.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond reputeG.I.Ceo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Welcome, nice ride!
Thanks. I have put a lot of time into this and I know this is not for everyone but I like it. I am planning a engine build for this car soon too.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #6
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
that is interesting. doesnt look like the sideskirts match tho.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a fan but to each his own, at least its not stock..what performance mods have you done?
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:09 AM   #8
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the site man and nice ride. I like it. My mom has an 04 Grand Am GT and my only complaint about that car is the stock seats. They are the most uncomfortable seats to be in on a long trip and I have two 8 hour drives in it to prove it lol.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Where's the pic of the front bumper?
Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #10
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Where's the pic of the front bumper?

The fron bumber is no on it right now. I had to get it worked on and repainted.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
I'm not a fan but to each his own, at least its not stock..what performance mods have you done?

I have put in a Eibach kit, speedbuilt F&R sway bars, S&S headers, CAI, 62mm TB, AFPR, custom 2.5" downpipe, and I know there';s more stuff I can list but I just can't think right now. I have added gauges,body kit, lights, brake's upgrade and stuff like that too. Plenty of little stuff too.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like you have a good start! You need some ported UIM, LIM to match the 62mm TB......
Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

Quote:
Seems like you have a good start! You need some ported UIM, LIM to match the 62mm TB......

Yeah I am working on that now. I have a camshaft ready to go so we are thinking of pulling the motor this winter and doing a motor rebuild. I would like to change to a 3500 top end or just to a 3500 UIM. I'm not sure if the 3500 top end is worth the price in results though. I have been told though that the 3500 UIM is a big improvement over the 3400 so I know I am definitely doing that for sure. Anyone have any suggestions please feel free to post them.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
kwhauck
2Screwy

what are the specs on the cam? I would reccomend the 3500 UIM at a very minimum, the whole top swap is the bees knees though....
Old 11-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

Quote:
what are the specs on the cam? I would reccomend the 3500 UIM at a very minimum, the whole top swap is the bees knees though....

The cam is a MMS stage 1. The cost of the 3500 conversion doesn't look that bad in price either. I guess we will see once we pull the motor this winter.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #16
kwhauck
2Screwy

even if you don't get the head ported you should be able to pick up a full 3500 for less than $500 and just steal everything off of it you need...

what is the mms stage 1? just wondering on actual specs of the cam....you know lift, duration, etc..
Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

Quote:
even if you don't get the head ported you should be able to pick up a full 3500 for less than $500 and just steal everything off of it you need...

what is the mms stage 1? just wondering on actual specs of the cam....you know lift, duration, etc..

Stage 1 - This cam was designed to be very streetable and that would work well on stock heads and run on a stock (or aftermarket tuned) PCM Computer. Although you will see gains around 25-30 extra Horsepower (depending on supporting mods), A set of Stage 1 Heads and a custom PCM tune would really compliment this cam nicely.
Specs:
.489/.493 valve lift (w/ 1.6 rockers)
209/213 duration at .050
108 intake center
110 LSA
Old 11-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

not too bad, I would have gone bigger but will be nice!!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #19
G.I.Ceo
GX Member

Quote:
not too bad, I would have gone bigger but will be nice!!

Well the reason I chose this is because I won't have to as much swapping. I have thought about selling it and doing something bigger but I know if I do I will have to change a lot over to make it work. I could get a street/strip comp cam from Wot-tech.com which is bigger then this one. You ever gotten anything from Wot-Tech?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #20
kwhauck
2Screwy

Yes, I picked up a double roller timing chain setup from them, and plan on getting some 3500 race/boost heads from them for my built motor....